The Bauerfeind Softec Genu Knee Brace is a multifunctional support for stabilization of the knee. Your knees are one of the most vulnerable parts of your body and, particularly during sports or activity, they are often at risk of injury. Ligament injuries especially can be quite severe, and cause you to lose a great deal of mobility for months at a time. A torn ligament will also keep you from playing any sports for an extended period.
This Bauerfeind Knee Support is a great product for ensuring that your recovery is fast and successful. Suitable in cases of torn ligaments, collateral ligament injury, arthritis and in sports therapy, the Softec Genu Brace provides stability and control of the knee using the "intelligent" fixed joint splints. Healing massage is provided by a pad on the kneecap whilst the anatomically shaped, breathable knitted fabric provides maximum comfort.
Who Can Make Gains with the Softec Genu Knee Brace?
The Bauerfeind Softec Genu Knee Brace gives you a great feeling of stability, without restricting your mobility. On the contrary; every movement also activates the massaging nodules on the built-in knee pad. These massage the surrounding tissue and so speed up the healing process. It also comes with "intelligent" side joints, which adjust automatically to your personal axis of rotation. This reduces strain on the knee and means that the brace follows every non-damaging movement you make. This also makes it very popular with high-level athletes: the West German Handball Association has officially approved the SofTec Genu for use in competitions.
The Softec Genu Knee Brace is suitable for conditions such as:
- Isolated rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament
- Long-term rehabilitation – sports therapy
- Severe osteoarthritis of the knee,
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Conservative functional treatment of collateral ligament injuries
- Treatment of unstable knee joint
Features and Benefits of the Bauerfeind Softec Genu
- Multifunctional orthosis for stabilisation of the knee
- Helps to relieve pain and accelerates healing
- Suitable for torn ligaments,collateral ligament injury, arthritis and sports therapy
- Contains fixed joint splints for stabilisation
- Knee Pad provides healing massage
- Breathable fabric provides maximum wearing comfort
- Ideal for either knee injuries or post-operative use
Sizing for the Softec Genu Knee Brace
To decide which size Bauerfeind Softec Knee Brace you require please measure your leg in three areas as shown in the diagram (centre of kneecap, 17cm above and 15cm below). The table below indicates which size you require.
|Size ||Circumference Middle ||Circumference Below ||Circumference Above |
|Size 1 ||29 - 32cm ||28 - 32cm ||38 - 42cm |
|Size 2 ||32 - 35cm ||31 - 35cm ||41 - 45cm |
|Size 3 ||35 - 38cm ||34 - 38cm ||44 - 49cm |
|Size 4 ||38 - 41cm ||36 - 40cm ||48 - 53cm |
|Size 5 ||41 - 44cm ||39 - 43cm ||51 - 57cm |
|Size 6 ||44 - 47cm ||42 - 46cm ||54 - 60cm |