Beurer EM80 TENS, EMS and Massage Device
Perfect for post work out recovery, the Beurer EM80 TENS, EMS and Massage Device combines the benefits of TENS and EMS therapies with massage to bring you quick and effective relief from pain after you exercise. With 30 pre-programmed applications, this device can be used to alleviate a number of conditions including arthritis, back pain, period pain as well as help stimulate muscle rehabilitation, so you can get back to the sports that you love in no time.
- 1 x TENS/EMS Device
- 2 x Connecting Cable
- 8 x Adhesive Electrodes (45 x 45mm)
- 3 x AA Batteries
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 1 x Storage Bag
Who Can Make Gains with the EM80 TENS, EMS and Massage Device?
Ideal for anyone wanting post work out support, this TENS, EMS and Massage Device helps speed up your recovery by stimulating muscle regeneration and alleviating pain. The device combines the benefits of massage with EMS and TENS therapies to bring you targeted support for a wide range of conditions for use in the comfort of your own home.
Key Features and Benefits
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) technology
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
- Provides nerve and muscle stimulation, as well as massage
- Four separately adjustable channels with eight self-adhesive electrodes
- Offers 30 pre-programmed applications and 20 customisable programmes
- Has 'Doctor's Function' for coordination with your personal therapy programme
- Treatment time is adjustable (5 - 90 minutes)
- Background illuminated, easy-to-read display
- Ergonomically designed for comfortable use
- Supplied with a three-year manufacturer's warranty
What Is TENS Therapy?
Transcutaneous electrical nerve simulation or TENS is a form of pain relief that involves using a mild electrical current. Low-voltage electrical pulses are used to block pain signals from the brain which simulate the production of the body's natural pain killers.
What Is EMS?
Electrostimulation or EMS devices imitate impulses in the body that are transferred to nerve and muscle fibres with electrodes via the skin. The electrical impulses are safe and virtually painless; you may merely notice a slight tingling or vibrating sensation.
The electrical impulses that are sent into the tissue influence the transmission of stimulation into nerves, nerve centres and muscle groups in the application area. Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) is a widespread method that has been used in sports and rehabilitation medicine for years.
How Does This Device Work?
This TENS, EMS and Massage Device from Beurer combines the benefits of TENS and EMS therapies with massage to bring you targeted support for the purpose of alleviating pain and regenerating the muscles. Designed with the user in mind, this device features an easy-to-read display and illuminated background as well as an automatic switch-off function to give you complete peace of mind with every use.
What Conditions Will This Device Help With?
This TENS, EMS and Massage Device can be used to help treat the following:
- Back Pain
- Period Pain
- Muscle Soreness
How Do I Use the TENS, EMS and Massage Device?
For full and thorough guidance on how to use this device for effective treatment every time, please refer to the manual below:
How Do I Clean the Device?
To clean the TENS, EMS and Massage device and additional components, please follow the procedures as outlined below:
Cleaning the Device:
- Remove the batteries from the device
- Clean the unit using a soft, damp cloth and a mild soap
Cleaning the Adhesive Electrodes:
- Clean the electrodes using a damp, lint-free cloth
Care and Maintenance
- Avoid using chemical or abrasive cleaners when cleaning the device and additional components
- Remove the batteries from the device when not in use for long periods of time
- Avoid making sharp bends in the connection cables
- When storing the device, disconnect the connection cable from the electrodes and remove the batteries. Place the device in a cool, ventilated place
- Never place any heavy objects on the device
- EMS number of programmes: 20
- TENS number of programmes: 20
- Massage number of programmes: 10
- Electrodes: 8 self-adhesive gel electrodes (45 x 45mm)
- Output current: max. 180mA p-p (500 Ohm)
- Output frequency: 1 - 120Hz
- Pulse width: 40 - 250 µs per phase
- Pulse shape: Biphasic square pulses
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 170 x 125 x 48mm