BioSkin Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support
To have a knee out of action either because of injury or surgery can be one of the worst blows to your freedom of motion. Knee pain, like any joint pain, is able to flare up with the simplest of movements, even the bending and repositioning needed to sit might aggravate the issue. The BioSkin Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support helps maintain the knee in a comfortable and healthy position, with hinges that can control the range of motion to ensure you don't push yourself too hard too soon.
Who Can Make Gains with the Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support?
The Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support is designed to protect your knee from ligament tears and sprains. It can be used for a range of conditions, including:
- Early osteoarthritis
- LCL sprains
- MCL sprains
- Mild sprains and instabilities
- Meniscal cartilage tears / repairs
How Does the BioSkin Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support Work?
The Gladiator Front Closure Support provides knee protection from ligament damage. The durable hinge is 15 inches long and attached to the brace's rigid strapping system to limit any painful movement and twisting.
The range of motion hinge can easily be set to control flexion and extension as well, while the pain and swelling of the knee is regulated with the Visco gel ring that surround the patella. This Front Closure Support is made from BioSkin Ultima 2sL material that ensures a comfortable fit during any activity.
Features of the Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support
- Made from BioSkin Ultima 2sL micro-fleece lined material
- Front closure design for difficult leg shapes
- Universal fit for either the left or right knee
- Open patella design for a comfortable fit
- Features an 8-strap system for greater compression and support
- Features finger loops for easier donning
- Bi-centric hinges with adjustable flexion and uni-extension stop settings
- Extension limits between 0 and 90 degrees
- Flexion limits between 0 and 90 degrees
- Easy to adjust pins to lock hinges
- Contoured condyle pads measure 15" (38cm) in length
- Latex-free and neoprene-free for reduced skin irritation
- Available in six sizes, from Extra Small to XX-Large
Sizing the BioSkin Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support
BioSkin is designed to give a compressed fit that allows for full support, so for some wearers this may feel strange or uncomfortable at first. If you find yourself between sizes, it is recommended that you select the larger size unless you desire a tighter fit.
| ||Knee Circumference Fully Extended (cm) |
|Size ||Mid-Patella ||18cm Above |
|Extra Small ||31 - 33cm ||41 - 46cm |
|Small ||33 - 36cm ||46 - 51cm |
|Medium ||36 - 41cm ||51 - 56cm |
|Large ||41 - 43cm ||56 - 64cm |
|Extra Large ||43 - 46cm ||64 - 71cm |
|XX-Large ||46 - 54cm ||71 - 81cm |
If you want to find out more about fitting the BioSkin Gladiator DT Front Closure Knee Support, watch the video below.