Donjoy BOA Dual TLSO Back Support
The condition of your back and spine is integral to your wellbeing, so it's important that you stabilise and support the area at the first sign of discomfort. The Donjoy BOA Dual TLSO Back Brace is constructed to restrict your range of motion to prevent any unnecessarily painful movements. This helps speed up the healing process, allowing you to return to your daily routine quickly following an injury or surgery to the area.
Who Can Make Gains with the BOA Dual Back Brace?
Protecting and stabilising your spine following an injury is paramount to ensuring it heals properly. The BOA Dual Back Support is designed to restrict your range of motion during use. This helps prevent further injury to the area while also improving your posture.
Good posture can work wonders in helping to improve your performance. Not only can it boost your confidence, but it can also improve blood circulation and reduce excessive stress on the joints, bones and muscles. This helps ensure that when you're taking part in the next tournament, you'll play at your best!
Features and Benefits of the BOA Dual TLSO Back Support
- Restricts your range of motion during the healing process
- Lightweight design for added comfort throughout use
- Includes a patented 'Mechanical Advantage Pulley System' for ease of use
- Features a quick-release shoulder strap buckle for easy donning and doffing
- Allows you to comfortably control and relieve acute pain in the area
- Features padded shoulder straps to enhance your comfort
- Midline cut-out avoids contact with surgical incision for your peace of mind
- Designed with rigid overlapping side panels for lateral stability
- Made with a rigid anterior plate to resist flexion in the area
- Features a sternal bar that easily adjusts to your height without tools
- Constructed with a breathable, interior spacer fabric liner so heat can't escape
- Recommended HCPCS code: L0460
Indications for the Donjoy Back Support
The Donjoy BOA Dual Back Brace has been designed to restrict your normal range of motion to facilitate healing. This makes it suitable for a wide range of conditions, including the following:
- Acute pain relief
- Compression fractures
- Disc herniation and degeneration
- IDET procedure
- Lower back pain
- Lower back sprains and strains
- Lumbar disc displacement
- Post-operative disectomy
- Post-operative fusion
- Post-operative laminectomy
- Spinal stenosis
Sizing of the BOA Dual TLSO Brace
The Donjoy BOA Dual Brace is constructed in five different sizes for a more tailored fit. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your waist and consult the table below. It is recommended that this particularly brace is fitted by a medical professional.
|Size ||Waist Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||76.2 - 88.9cm |
|Medium ||88.9 - 101.6cm |
|Large ||101.6 - 114.3cm |
|Extra Large ||114.3 - 127cm |
|XX-Large ||127 - 139.7cm |
Three-Point Force System
The BOA Dual TLSO Back Brace creates a three-point force system consisting of a posteriorly-directed force from the sternal and pubic pads and an anteriorly-directed force from the thoracolumbar pad. The pressure caused by this system restricts forward flexion and encourages a hyperextension posture. This increases lumbar lordosis and restricts lateral or rotary movements of the spine, allowing you to recover as quickly as possible.
Donning and Doffing the TLSO Back Brace
Find out how to apply and remove the Dual TLSO Back Brace easily by watching this short guide. Despite its highly supportive features, the brace has been designed to be as easy to don and doff as possible.
Please note that the support should not be used if you're pregnant or suffer from circulatory, cardiovascular or skeletal conditions that may worsen after compression of the abdomen.