Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit
If you've recently undergone an operation and are suffering from pain and swelling in the area, it can be difficult to continue going about your daily life. The Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit delivers controlled cold therapy so you can easily manage post-operative pain and swelling. Using Donjoy's patented semi-closed loop circulations system, the IceMan maintains consistent and accurate temperatures.
Indications for the Cold Therapy Unit
The Clear 3 Unit can be used for the following conditions:
- Post-surgical pain
- Post-surgical swelling
How Do You Use the IceMan Therapy Unit?
- Add ice to the device's fill line.
- Add cold water to fill line.
- Place lid on the device, making sure the lip inserts in groove. Press the front of the lid down to close and secure.
- Connect the IceMan Clear 3 hose to the cold pad hose. To ensure a reliable connection, "snap" or "click" hoses together into place so the fit is tight and snug.
- To turn the device on, insert cord into connection on the back of the device and plug power supply into the wall outlet. Always use with a barrier between the cold pad and your skin.
4 - 6 Hours of Effective Cold Therapy
The IceMan Clear 3 will hold roughly 5 litres of water, recirculating it around the affected area for effective relief. Cold water will be recirculated for approximately 4 - 6 hours, though this can vary depending on factors such as body, water or ambient temperature.
Is a Cold Pad Provided with the Unit?
As the IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit can be used for cold therapy on various parts of the body, a cold pad is not provided. However, specially shaped pads can be purchased to provide optimal targeted cold therapy to your injury. The following cold pads are available:
Key Features and Benefits
- Speeds up rehabilitation
- Semi-close loop recirculation system delivers consistent cold therapy
- Consistent cold therapy runs throughout cold pad to eliminate freezing inlet temperatures
- Clear cooler design for easy refill indication
- Holds roughly 5 litres of water
- Recirculates water for approximately 4 - 6 hours
- Self-priming, plug-and-play operation
- Designed for easy portability and storage
- Complete line of cold pads to deliver cold therapy where necessary
- Provides controlled delivery of cold therapy
- Helps you manage post-operative pain and swelling
- Provides extended cold therapy for a variety of indications
- Cooler dimensions: 8.5 x 9"
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use this device without a prescription from a physician
- You prescription must state how long and how often the device should be used, as well as the length of breaks between uses
- Do not use this device if a prescription has not been provided to you or if you do not understand the prescription
- Use of this device without a prescription or failure to follow the prescription may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- The barrier between your skin and the cold pad may develop moisture during use, which may create colder temperatures on the skin
- Temperatures that are too cold may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- Always check for moisture on the barrier between your skin and the cold pad
- If moisture is present on the barrier, immediately discontinue use of this device