Donjoy Pol Ax Thumb Support
After surgery or trauma to your thumb, it's important to stabilise and immobilise the area. This helps promote healing while also preventing further injury to the area. The Donjoy Pol Ax Thumb Support provides partial immobilisation to the thumb. The brace is heat mouldable so it fits your thumb snugly and therefore improves its efficacy.
Who Can Make Gains with the Pol Ax Thumb Support?
You never realise how important your thumbs are until they start playing up. The Donjoy Pol Ax Support is designed to stabilise and support your thumb following an operation or injury to the area. This makes it particularly suited to skiing injuries (e.g. gamekeeper's or skier's thumb) as thumb injuries are common when you frequently take to the slopes.
Designed to leave the rest of your hand and fingers free, the Pol Ax Thumb Support is an excellent aid for helping you stay active while also improving your condition. This allows you to continue using your fingers, ensuring they don't fall victim to performance deficits.
Key Features and Benefits
- Made from thermo-formable polymer material
- Designed to partially immobilise the thumb
- Ideal for use after surgery or trauma
- Leaves the rest of your hand free for mobility
- Stabilises your thumb in a neutral position
- Heat-mouldable for a more accurate fit
Indications for the Pol Ax Brace
The Donjoy Pol Ax Support is suitable for a number of conditions. This includes the following:
- Gamekeeper's thumb
- Joint and ligament injuries
- Metacarpo-phalangeal sprains
- Partial immobilisation of the thumb after surgery or injury
- Scaphoid injuries or fractures
- Skier's thumb
Sizing of the Pol Ax Thumb Support
The Donjoy Pol Ax Support is available in three different sizes. Please measure the circumference of your thumb at the base and refer to the table below to find the correct size. The support can be used on either the left or the right hand.
|Size ||Thumb Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||6 - 8.5cm |
|Medium ||9 - 10.5cm |
|Large ||11 - 12.5cm |
The static Donjoy Pol Ax Brace is manufactured from a thermo-formable polymer material with textile cover and Velcro strap, allowing you to customise the fit of the support according to your physiology. As no two hands are the same, the mouldability of the support is perfect for getting the best fit possible. This feature also allows you to use the support indiscriminately on the left or right hand if you frequently suffer from injuries to the area.
How Do You Fit the Pol Ax Brace?
The Donjoy Pol Ax Thumb Support is heat mouldable to ensure it fits your thumb securely. The thumb brace is delivered vacuum-packed in a plastic sheath, which can be immersed in water up to 70°C with the brace inside. Please follow these instructions after leaving the brace for three minutes to soften prior to fitting.
- Remove the brace and pouch from the water and place the brace on the affected thumb
- Close the straps and hold the brace in place until completely cool
- Once the thumb brace has returned to its original rigidity, it should now mould perfectly to your thumb
- If modifications are required, the support can be remoulded by repeating the procedure