Donjoy Respiform Wrist and Thumb Support
When you're looking to immobilise your wrist and thumb following an injury to the area, it's important that you find a comfortable but supportive brace. The Donjoy Respiform Wrist and Thumb Support is constructed from breathable material that conforms snugly to your anatomy for added efficacy. The support is also made with adjustable aluminium dorsal and palmer stays to more effectively immobilise and support the joint.
Who Can Make Gains with the Respiform Wrist and Thumb Brace?
Any sport can make you more susceptible to acute wrist or thumb injuries, particularly racket sports like tennis and badminton, or fast-paced games where there is a higher risk of falling (and therefore a higher risk that you'll attempt to break your fall with your hands). The Respiform Wrist and Thumb Support is designed to immobilise your thumb and wrist following an injury or operation, providing you with targeted rest in the area to facilitate healing.
Alternatively, the Donjoy Wrist and Thumb Support is suitable for chronic conditions like arthritis or rhizarthrosis. Constructed with comfortable material, the brace is suitable for long-term use and places your thumb and wrist in a neutral position to prevent discomfort. This allows you to maintain your active lifestyle as much as possible.
Key Features and Benefits
- Made with a breathable mesh liner interior for added comfort
- Features exterior in pile and velours for ease of application and optimal hold
- Constructed from new, "Flexy" material to conform snugly to your anatomy
- Makes for less bulk to improve your comfort throughout use
- Designed with an adjustable aluminium dorsal stay to immobilise the joint
- Features an adjustable aluminium palmer stay that can be contoured to your anatomy
- Fits like a glove to improve the level of support provided by the brace
- Closure straps are adjustable with just one hand for ease of application
- Designed in either a left or right version for an improved fit
- Length of the brace is 26cm to stabilise the forearm, wrist and thumb
Indications for the Donjoy Wrist and Thumb Support
The Donjoy Wrist and Thumb Support is designed to stabilise and support your hand. As a result, it can be used for the following conditions:
- Joint injuries to the wrist and thumb
- Ligament injuries to the wrist and thumb
- Metacarpo-phalangeal sprains
- Post-operative immobilisation
- Pre-operative immobilisation
Sizing of the Respiform Wrist and Thumb Support
Available in five different sizes, the Respiform Wrist and Thumb Support provides you with a more tailored fit. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your wrist and consult the table below.
|Size ||Wrist Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small ||Under 14cm |
|Small ||14 - 16cm |
|Medium ||16 - 19cm |
|Large ||19 - 21cm |
|Extra Large ||Over 21cm |
Easy to Apply
The Donjoy Wrist and Thumb Support is crafted to be as easy to apply as possible. Made with closure straps that are adjustable with just one hand, the brace helps you remain independent even after an injury. This is particularly ideal if you live alone.