Donjoy UltraSling III AB Shoulder Immobiliser
Following an injury to the arm or shoulder, it's imperative that you support the area to prevent further injury. The Donjoy UltraSling III AB Shoulder Immobiliser effectively stabilises the shoulder in a neutral position to prevent internal rotation. The support includes an exercise ball, which allows you to slowly exercise the area when you're ready.
Who Can Make Gains with the UltraSling III AB Shoulder Sling?
Shoulder injuries can have you out of action for a while, particularly when you play arm-intensive sports like tennis or cricket. Attempting to exercise with an injury will only make things worse, so it's important to immobilise the shoulder following an injury so you're able to return to your active lifestyle sooner. The Donjoy UltraSling III AB Immobiliser is an excellent way of doing so and even includes an exercise ball to strengthen your forearm and shoulder and therefore prevent performance deficits.
The Donjoy AB Shoulder Immobiliser holds your arm in a neutral position to avoid internal rotation. This makes it ideal for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Bankart repairs
- Capsular shifts
- Glenohumeral dislocations
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Soft tissue repairs and strains
Key Features and Benefits
- Includes a large and comfortable pillow for greater abduction where required
- Exercise ball is included with your purchase to exercise the arm
- Prevents internal rotation by securely holding your arm in a neutral position
- Designed with moisture-wicking, mesh fabric for improved comfort
- Comfortable design is ideal for long-term use
- Promotes auxiliary air exchange to help reduce the risk of secondary infections
- Helps prevent internal rotation contractures and therefore further injury
- Designed with an easy-to-open front panel to encourage forearm exercises
- Allows your arm to be positioned in a range of positions according to your needs
- Made with quick-release buckles for easier application and removal during therapy and exercise
Sizing of the Donjoy AB Shoulder Sling
The Donjoy UltraSling III AB Shoulder Immobiliser is designed to fit both the left and right sides for convenience and is available in four different sizes. Please measure your forearm from the elbow crease to the base of your index finger and consult the table below.
|Size ||Forearm Length (cm) |
|Small ||Up to 28cm |
|Medium ||28 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 38cm |
|Extra Large ||38cm and Over |
Instructions for Use
When you're fitting the Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser, please follow these directions:
- Detach the shoulder strap buckles and open the front panel.
- Position your elbow in the sling as far back as possible.
- Place the shoulder strap over the opposite shoulder.
- Connect the shoulder strap to the sling using the quick-release buckles.
- For exercise and rehabilitation, please detach the outside quick-release buckle to increase the range of motion.
- Place the large pillow under the affected area with the 45° angle facing up (the pillow may be turned upside down to create a 60° abduction angle).
- Attach the sling to the pillow and align the hook-and-loop strips.
- Wrap the waist strap around the waistline and pillow, then attach.
- Secure the strap at the top of the sling. If the thumb strap is desired, attach the strap at the front of the sling.
- Place the pillow at the waistline of the affected side. Attach the sling to the outside of the pillow along the hook-and-loop strips.
- Buckle the waist strap to the pillow and adjust the strap to fit.
- Position the arm for desired internal or external rotation by sliding the pillow forward or back along the waistline.