Donjoy UltraSling III ER Shoulder Immobiliser
When you've suffered from an injury to the arm, it's important that you stabilise the area to prevent further discomfort while also ensuring the area heals properly. The Donjoy UltraSling III ER Shoulder Immobiliser has been designed to immobilise the arm and shoulder in an externally rotated position. This helps lower the recurrence rate of shoulder dislocations while also allowing the area to rest and therefore prevent further injury.
Who Can Make Gains with the UltraSling III ER Immobiliser?
Being sidelined with an elbow, arm or shoulder injury can seriously harm your game, meaning that you could be sidelined for far longer than your shoulder takes to heal. When you're out of action for long periods of time, you're likely to experience a reduction in stamina and skill, so it's important to get back to fighting form as soon as possible. The UltraSling III ER Shoulder Sling provides the immobilisation that an injury to your shoulder, arm or elbow needs, allowing you to get back in the game quickly.
The UltraSling III ER Sling is designed to protect and immobilise your arm during the healing process for a number of different indications. This includes the following conditions or injuries:
- After initial shoulder dislocation
- Capsular shifts
- Initial anterior glenohumeral dislocation or subluxation
- Post-operative Bankart procedures
- Post-operative positioning
- Rotator cuff repair
- Soft tissue strain or repair
Features and Benefits of the Donjoy UltraSling III ER Shoulder Sling
- Designed with breathable mesh fabric and thermoformed padding
- Provides immobilisation in external rotation for a number of conditions
- Features a 'De-Rotation' shoulder strap to keep the sling in place
- Anterior part of the capsule hangs loosely during internal rotation
- Can be used over long periods of time during the rehabilitation process
- Promotes auxiliary air exchange to reduce the risk of secondary infections
- Easy-to-open front panel encourages forearm exercises
- Arm can be positioned according to your own needs
- Securely holds your arm in a neutral position during use
- Lowers the recurrence rate for those with first-time shoulder dislocations
- Features a comfortable foam pillow for improved compliance
- Derotational shoulder strap keeps the support in place
- Features quick-release buckles to aid application
- Crafted with either a 15° or 30° foam pillow to suit your needs
The Donjoy UltraSling III Arm Sling is available in four sizes to fit a wide range of users. To find out which size you require, please measure the crease of your elbow to the base of your index finger and consult the table below. The sling is available for either the left or right arm and with either 15° or 30° external rotations.
|Size ||Forearm Length (cm) |
|Small ||Up to 28cm |
|Medium ||28 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 38cm |
|Extra Large ||Over 38cm |
Prevent Performance Deficits by Performing Forearm Exercises
Designed with an easy-to-open front panel, the Donjoy UltraSling III encourages you to perform forearm exercises during use. This helps strengthen the area and aid healing. Performing exercises to strengthen the arm also helps to ensure you don't suffer from serious deficits in your arm once you've recovered from the injury.