Donjoy UltraSling III Shoulder Immobiliser Sling
After suffering from an injury to the shoulder, it's important that you immobilise the area to prevent further damage and discomfort in the area. The Donjoy UltraSling III Shoulder Immobiliser Sling provides effective immobilisation for the shoulder. The support allows your arm to be placed in a variety of positions according to your requirements (i.e. more posterior or more anterior).
Who Can Make Gains with the UltraSling III Shoulder Immobiliser?
When you've suffered from an injury to the shoulder or you've undergone an operation in the area, it's imperative that you stabilise and support the joint to prevent your condition from worsening as this could have you out of play for weeks on end. The UltraSling III Shoulder Immobiliser Sling is designed to immobilise your shoulder, providing you with the much-needed time required to heal.
Constructed with an easy-to-open front panel, the sling encourages you to perform forearm exercises and even includes a small ball to strengthen the muscles. This helps ensure you don't suffer from major deficits in the muscle tone of your arms. Worn by England manger Gareth Southgate, this support offers incomparable protection and support!
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed to immobilise your arm and shoulder following an injury
- Features a de-rotation strap that hooks to the sling and prevents internal rotation
- Securely holds your arm in a neutral position to prevent further injury
- Designed with moisture-wicking mesh fabric for improved comfort
- Remains comfortable even during prolonged periods of time
- Helps prevent post-operative internal rotation contractures for your comfort
- Promotes auxiliary air exchange to reduce the risk of secondary infections
- Designed with an easy-to-open front panel to encourage forearm exercises
- Allows the arm to be positioned in a range of positions according to your requirements
Indications for the UltraSling III Arm Sling
The Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser Sling is suitable for a number of applications. This includes the following:
- Bankart procedures
- Capsular shifts
- Dislocation or subluxation
- Glenohumeral joint injuries
- Post-operative rotator cuff repairs
- Soft tissue strains and repairs
The Donjoy UltraSling III Immobiliser Sling is designed to fit both the left and right sides for convenience and is available in four different sizes. Please use the table below as a guide to find out which size you require. Simply measure the length of your forearm from your elbow crease to the base of the index finger.
|Size ||Forearm Length (cm) |
|Small ||Up to 28cm |
|Medium ||28 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 38cm |
|Extra Large ||38cm and Over |
The UltraSling III Immobiliser Sling is designed to hold your shoulder in a neutral position, which helps prevent internal rotation during use. Crafted with moisture-wicking mesh fabric, the support is highly comfortable to use even during prolonged wear.
Encourages Gradual Exercising
Designed with an easy-open front panel, the Shoulder Immobiliser Sling encourages you to perform forearm exercises when you're ready. This helps strengthen the area and speed up your recovery, making it particularly useful for rehabilitative purposes.
How Do I Fit the Shoulder Immobilising Sling?
Please follow these instructions to fit the sling to your arm.
- Detach the shoulder strap buckles and open the front panel. Position your elbow in the sling as far back as possible.
- Place the shoulder strap over the opposite shoulder. Connect shoulder strap to the sling using the quick-release buckles. For exercise and rehabilitation, please detach the outside quick-release buckle to increase the range of motion.
- Secure the strap at the top of the sling. If the thumb strap is desired, attach the strap at the front of the sling.
- Place the pillow at the waistline of the affected side. Attach the sling to the outside of the pillow along the hook and loop strips. Buckle the waist strap to the pillow and adjust the strap to fit. Position the arm for desired internal or external rotation by sliding the pillow forward or backward along the waistline.