Escape Fitness Plyosoft 300mm Plyometric Jump Box (Green)
Leap into plyometrics with the Escape Fitness Plyosoft 300mm Plyometric Jump Box (Green). This mid-level jump box is suitable for beginners, allowing them to ease into plyometric exercises that are greatly beneficial to lower-body strength and cardiovascular endurance. Featuring an innovative honeycomb design, the box combines soft and firm foam for safety and stability.
Who Can Make Gains with the Plyosoft Jump Box?
Plyometrics are intense, explosive workouts that test the strength of even the most seasoned athletes. If you compete in a sport that requires lots of running or jumping, this plyometric box will help train your legs and boost their power to give you the edge in competitions. For those just starting out in plyometrics, this mid-level 300mm box is perfect for getting used to the intense movements without risk of injury.
Key Features and Benefits
- Green 300mm (12") box suitable for box jump exercises
- Improves muscle strength, increases cardiovascular endurance and prevents injury
- An essential addition to your gym studio repertoire
- Innovative honeycomb design that improves both safety and stability
- Soft/firm hybrid foam to reduce the risk of injury while remaining stable
- Target markings to encourage precise jumping for better form
- Velcro straps to connect with additional plyosoft boxes
- Anti-slip surfaces to prevent slips and falls
- Lightweight material for easy transport and storage
- Durable outer material for increased longevity
Who Can Use the Escape Fitness Plyometric Jump Box?
Jump box exercises can be quite intense for those who do not exercise regularly. Therefore, it is recommended that you should already have a decent level of fitness before you use this product. Going for a jog or cycling for 30 minutes twice a week for a month should suitably prepare your muscles for this more advanced exercise.
Caution: It is not advisable to use this product when first starting out, as this could potentially cause muscle injury or ligament damage.
How Do I Use the Plyometric Jump Box?
There are a number of ways in which you can use the Plyometric Jump Box to help boost your speed, strength and endurance. The main three box jumps you can perform include:
- Lateral Box Jumps: Jumping from side-to-side across the box.
- Frontal Box Jumps: Jumping forwards onto the box (see below image).
- Transverse Box Jumps: Jumping forwards onto the box from a sideways starting position.
Once you're confident performing these exercises, you can increase the intensity by adding weight, isolating one leg or transposing into other exercises (i.e. burpees).
Why Try Plyometrics?
Plyometrics are so good because they are fun, intense and great for building explosive power. Using natural movements such as jumping, stepping or hopping, you will make quick lower-body muscle gains while also increasing your stamina and endurance. These exercises should be a staple in any training regimen that's tailored towards high-level athletes in sports such as:
- Track running
- Track jumping
Innovative Honeycomb Design
Though the Escape Fitness Jump Box may look simple at first, it actually has a thoughtful design with safety and practicality in mind. The honeycomb design of the box is used to create a hybrid of both hard and soft foam.
- Hard foam ensures stability when using the jump box and provide a safe landing place for your feet.
- Soft foam cushions impacts on the knee or shin should the exercise manoeuvre go wrong.
The hybrid foam honeycomb is there to help the user build confidence when performing jump box exercises, as there is less risk of pain and injury.
Suitable for Intermediate Athletes
The 300mm Polymetric Jump Box provides a moderate challenge suitable for people with already strong legs. The 12-inch jump will test the strength of athletes of all levels, but is still an achievable goal for less experienced users.
Up the Levels
As you grow in confidence using the 300mm Escape Fitness Jump Box, you can turn up the intensity by further increasing the height. To do this, you can purchase additional jump boxes either in this size or the other sizes available (150mm, 450mm or 600mm). All Escape Fitness Jump Boxes feature Velcro straps to attach together easily, allowing you to create even larger boxes for a greater challenge.
Target Markings for Improving Form
To encourage proper form, the Escape Fitness Plyometric Jump Box has integrated markings at the top to show where to aim your feet. This helps you achieve perfect form while executing jump box exercises to ensure a fuller range of motion. In addition, correct form will reduce the likelihood of sustaining harmful injuries during exercise.
- Height: 300mm (12")
- Width: 750mm (30")
- Length: 900mm (35")
- Weight: 13kg (29lb)