Fitness-Mad Balance Pad
Designed for use in balance, coordination and reaction training, the Fitness-Mad Balance Pad offers an ideal surface that forces the user to constantly compensate in order to retain their balance during workouts. The product is also great for posture stability training, motor skills exercises, and sports rehabilitation.
Who Can Make Gains with the Fitness-Mad Balance Pad?
Though the balance pad appears to be no more than a thick piece of foam, it actually can have incredible effects on fitness improvement when used correctly. The soft mat causes the body to flex small muscle groups that aren't often used, enabling the user to effectively train their balance and core stability.
Key Features and Benefits
- Nonslip closed-cell EVA foam for safety
- Unstable material forces user to keep their balance
- Extra thick for optimal comfort
Why Use a Balance Pad?
Made from unstable material, a balance pad instantly engages the stabiliser muscles in your feet and core as you try to maintain balance. This helps to improve your general stability, and works perfectly as a transition into more advanced balance training, particularly for those who haven't tried it before. You can also perform your regular exercises on a balance pad in order to engage different muscle groups and diversify your workout.
Which Exercises are Best for a Balance Pad?
There are tonnes of exercises you can try on your new balance pad, including the following:
- One legged stand: Shift your weight onto one leg, raise the other and hold.
- Shoulder bridge: Start by lying on your back, with your feet on the balance pad, and raise your buttocks. Keep your neck relaxed.
- Plank: Start on all fours with your forearms on the pad. Lift your knees off the ground to engage your core.
- Side plank: Start lying on your side with your forearm on the pad. Raise your core and other arm so only your arm and feet are in contact with the ground. See image below for visual.
The Balance Pad is ideal for side planks
How Do I Clean My Fitness-Mad Balance Pad?
For minor stains, wipe clean with a damp cloth. Do not use harsh cleaning detergents on this product.
- Material: Closed-cell EVA foam with nonslip surface
- Dimensions: 39.5 x 47.5 x 6cm
- Weight: 0.5kg