Fitness-Mad Blue Foam Roller
Rollers are widely used in Pilates and physiotherapy to help develop core stability through a range of seated and reclining exercises. The Fitness-Mad Blue Foam Roller is available in either an 18 inch or 36 inch length to suit your needs, and can be used to improve balance, body awareness, muscle re-education, strength and flexibility. The roller can also be used alongside resistance bands and Swiss balls.
Who Can Make Gains with the Fitness-Mad Blue Foam Roller?
Foam rolling is a self-myofascial release technique (SMR). Rollers are often used under the legs, back, shoulders and buttocks to relieve muscle pain and tightness, as well as to improve range of joint motion. Use the Fitness-Mad Roller as a warmup or cooldown exercise to enhance flexibility and decrease soreness so that you can maximise every workout.
Key Features and Benefits
- Versatile and conforming design for full-body use
- LDPE foam for lightweight feel and comfort
- Durable material for everyday use
Why Use a Half-Length Foam Roller?
For many users, there is no need for a full-length roller as the 18" design is long enough for muscle and ITB (iliotibial band) release on the legs. This model helps to improve blood circulation throughout your skin, fascia, muscles and tendons. The 18" Roller lengthens and stretches the muscles and tendons, whilst breaking down the connective tissue beneath the skin for myofascial release.
Why Use a Long Foam Roller?
Long foam rollers enhance balance, body awareness, muscle re-education and muscular flexibility. Whilst the 18" roller targets smaller areas like arms and calves, the 36" model is best for use on the back, as it is long enough to span your whole back when perpendicular to your spine. This product also has greater stability for those who struggle keeping rollers in place.
How To Use the Blue Foam Roller
Foam rollers improve strength, flexibility and balance within Pilates, physiotherapy and general fitness routines. The roller can be used in a variety of ways, including the following:
- On the upper back: Rest your upper back against the foam roller underneath your shoulder blades and lift your buttocks so your knees are bent. Keeping your core muscles tight, roll back and forward for relief in the shoulder blades and upper back.
- On the lower back: Rest your lower back on the foam roller with both knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Tighten your core and keep your neck in a neutral position. Roll from just above your hips to below your lower ribs for relief in this area.
- On the quadriceps: Lie face down with the foam roller underneath your thighs. Tense your abdominals and core muscles as you gently roll your body to move the roller from your pelvic bone to your knees. This will relieve the thigh area whilst strengthening your core and abs.
The product is also supplied with a user guide for more information and visuals of these exercises.
How To Clean Your Foam Roller
For minor scuffs and stains, simply wipe with a clean damp cloth. Do not use harsh cleaning detergents on this product.
Please see the table below for specific measurements of the Fitness-Mad Blue Foam Roller.
|Length ||Width ||Weight |
|18 inches ||6 inches ||0.6kg |
|36 inches ||6 inches ||0.8kg |