Fitness-Mad Speed Skipping Rope
Featuring three length options to suit all user heights, the Fitness-Mad Speed Skipping Rope is durable and smooth-turning, with free-spinning handles. The Speed Skipping Rope is the most durable speed-style rope available, and is suitable for all general skipping routines.
Who Can Make Gains with the Fitness-Mad Speed Skipping Rope?
Skipping is great full-body workout for developing power, stability, endurance and speed. It's particularly popular among boxers looking to improve their balance and coordination. Skipping is a great cardiovascular exercise that works almost every muscle in your body, including the following:
It can burn a lot of calories, and works to strengthen your upper body as well as your lower, due to the force control required when you swing the rope. It is also linked to fat loss around your abs and trunk muscles.
Key Features and Benefits
- Solid vinyl cord for optimal durability
- Polyethylene handles are free-spinning with easy grip
- Regularly tested by independent research lab to ensure flexure fatigue resistance
- Available in retail packaging for sports shops, retailers and gyms
Is Skipping a Good Workout?
There are skipping techniques suitable for a range of users, including beginners and pros. Try some of the moves below to maximise your fitness:
- Beginner: New skippers should start with the classic skip, which targets your calves and hamstrings. Once comfortable, move on to the hopping skip, which involves arcing the rope towards one foot at a time and alternating hops so you land on a different foot each time.
- Intermediate: Try the high knees technique, which really makes your calves and hamstrings burn. Simply alternate high knee hops instead of jumping over the rope normally.
- Pro: The crossover skip targets your chest and deltoids. Start in the classic skipping position, and cross your arms over your torso as you swing the rope over your head. On the second skip return to the usual position, and alternate with each jump.
Always consult your doctor before starting a new exercise routine.
The Fitness-Mad Speed Skipping Rope features polyethylene handles which have a wide range of benefits on your workout session. They are designed for easy grip, reducing the risk of tripping or dropping the rope. The handles are also low-density and shatter-proof. Alongside this, the handles are free-spinning, meaning that you can rotate the rope easily while jumping. This enables a wider range of techniques.
|Size ||Colour ||User Height |
|8ft ||Purple ||Under 6ft |
|9ft ||Blue ||Under 6ft |
|10ft ||Black ||Under 6ft |
How To Clean the Fitness-Mad Speed Rope
For minor scuffs and stains, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth. Do not use harsh cleaning detergents on this product.