Gold Medal for Crutches
The iWALK 2.0 Hands Free Crutch is a revolutionary product to help you recover from injury while maintaining mobility. Playing sport is great, but it comes with risks in the form of injury. Traditional arm crutches are difficult to use and impact your daily life, making for an agonising wait to get back on the pitch. With this hands free crutch, you can maintain an active lifestyle straight after injury, while keeping your leg in a great position to aid recovery.
Easy to learn and use, it's time to get your life back now. Check the qualifications below and the 'Who Can Use It?' tab to ensure that the iWALK 2.0 is right for you.
About the iWALK 2.0
Stable, economical and easy to use, the iWALK2.0 is the obvious choice over conventional crutches or knee scooters. It allows people with lower leg non-weight bearing injuries to lead functional, hands free, pain free lives during rehabilitation. It’s also a clinically proven, Class 1 Medical device.
Think of all the things you can’t do when using conventional crutches; walking your dog, carrying a cup of coffee, pushing a shopping trolley. You no longer need to have your life interrupted – the iWALK2.0 allows you to resume your daily routine and enjoy functional mobility.
Before your injury, could you go up or down stairs without using a hand rail? If yes, then iWALK2.0 is for you! Most people with normal strength and balance can use the iWALK2.0, but check the qualifications before you buy.
Typical injuries that are indicated for iWALK2.0 include Achilles tendon rupture, sprained ankle, broken ankle, bunion, jones fracture, metatarsal fractures, broken foot and all other lower leg, non weight bearing injuries.
Why is the iWALK 2.0 Superior to Regular Crutches?
The iWALK 2.0 is an obvious alternative to conventional crutches, allowing:
- Hands free and pain free mobility
- Self-sufficiency through the use of your hands
- The ability to lead a functional life again
- More efficient walking thanks to using legs rather than arms for support
- Ability to navigate stairs easily and safely
- Heightened well-being due to retaining an active, productive lifestyle
Benefits of the iWALK 2.0 Hands Free Crutch include reduced atrophy, improved mobility, and the ability to function better in daily activities, whether that's getting around, going back to work or even playing sports.
Features and Benefits of the iWALK 2.0 Hands Free Crutch
- Patented FDA and CE Registered Class 1 Medical Device
- Allows you to regain your independence, and your mobility
- Tool free, easy-to-use adjustments
- One size fits from 4’10” to 6’6” (147cm to 198cm)
- Comes off or on in seconds, and converts for left or right leg use easily
- Very comfortable for long term use
- Manufactured from the highest quality materials, in the USA
- Keeps your injury partially elevated for comfort and healing
- Comes with a 1 year warranty for extra reassurance
Sizing of the iWALK
Please see the "Instructions for Use" tab above for info on sizing.
Who Can Use the iWALK 2.0?
The iWALK 2.0 will work for most people, but not everyone. For your safety and satisfaction, before you buy, make sure you read and understand the sizing and user qualification guidelines.
Basic Physical Requirements
Regardless of age, if you can pass these two physical ability tests, you should be capable of using the iWALK 2.0. If you can’t pass, we’re sorry, but you probably cannot adapt to the iWALK 2.0.
Before your injury, could you easily walk up and down stairs at a normal pace, without using a hand rail?
Can you balance on one foot for a full 30 seconds?
If you can do these two things, continue reading to ensure that iWALK 2.0 will work for you:
- Before your injury, could you walk without difficulty?
- Is your injury to one leg only?
- Is your injury below the knee?
- Can you bend your injured leg 90 degrees at the knee?
- Are you between 4’10” and 6’6″?
- Are you under 125kg?
- Is your upper thigh circumference (measured at the highest point of your thigh) 27″ or less?
If you answered yes to all, then read on, and get ready to ditch your crutches.
iWALK 2.0 will work for you if:
- You commit to viewing and following the instructions for Fitting and Use BEFORE your first use
- You have average strength and balance
- You could walk without limitations prior to your injury or condition
- Your uninjured leg does not have any mobility limitations (example – arthritic knee)
- Your injury or condition is below the knee
- You can kneel on a stool or chair for one minute without pain or discomfort
- Your injured leg can bend 90 degrees at the knee
- You are motivated to have a hands free, pain free rehabilitation
- You are between 4’10” and 6’6” tall (147cm to 198cm)
- You weigh 125kg or less
iWALK 2.0 is Not Suited For:
- People that insist on trying to use the device before viewing and understanding the Fitting and Use instructions provided
- Those with mobility limitations prior to their injury
- Those with impaired strength or balance
- Those with limited proprioception in their lower extremities
If you’re over the age of 55, pay careful attention – iWALK 2.0 might not be for you. It’s difficult to put an age limit on the iWALK 2.0 because physical condition varies from individual to individual – especially in the elderly. iWALK 2.0 has been used successfully by users in their 70’s and beyond, but we’ve also seen people in their early 60’s who couldn’t adapt. You do not need to be an elite athlete to use the iWALK 2.0- but you do need average strength and balance. Personal assessment and sound judgement are your best tools to determine if an elderly candidate will succeed.
If you could walk without limitations pre-injury, then iWALK 2.0 can give you back your ability to walk. If you couldn’t, then iWALK 2.0 cannot give you what you did not have.