Knee Pad for the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit
Cold therapy is an effective method for reducing pain and swelling while also speeding up rehabilitation. The Knee Pad for the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit allows you to utilise the benefits of cold therapy, acting as a barrier between your skin and the cold provided by the IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit to ensure you remain safe and free from further injury.
Who Can Use the Knee Pad?
The Donjoy Knee Pad has been designed for use by individuals suffering from post-surgical swelling or post-surgical pain of the knee. Please note that the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit is required for the knee pad to work.
How Do You Use the Knee Pad?
Please follow the instructions below to use your knee pad with your IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit.
- Add ice to the specified fill line of the IceMan Clear 3 Unit.
- Add cold water to the next fill line of the IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit.
- Place the lid on the device, making sure the lip inserts into the groove. Press the front of the lid down to close and secure.
- Connect the IceMan Clear 3 hose to the knee pad hose. To ensure a reliable connection, "snap" or "click" hoses together into place so the fit is tight and snug.
- To turn the device on, insert the cord into connection on the back of the device and plug power supply into the wall outlet. Always use with a barrier between the knee pad and your skin.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use the Cool Therapy Unit without a prescription from a physician
- Your prescription must state how long and how often the device should be used, as well as the length of breaks between uses
- Do not use this device if a prescription has not been provided to you or if you do not understand the prescription
- Use of this device without a prescription or failure to follow the prescription may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- The barrier between your skin and the knee pad may develop moisture during use, which may create colder temperatures on the skin
- Temperatures that are too cold may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- Always check for moisture on the barrier between your skin and the knee pad
- If moisture is present on the barrier, immediately discontinue use of this device
Please note that the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit is sold separately.