Whether you're a professional athlete or you play sports in your spare time, you're more susceptible to knee injuries and conditions as a result of your active lifestyle. The McDavid Ligament Knee Support helps relieve symptoms and aid recovery for a number of knee conditions, including runner's knee and tendonitis. Designed to provide minor-to-moderate protection and support, this brace helps you get back on track.
Who Can Make Gains with the McDavid Ligament Knee Support?
This support provides mild compression to the knee, helping to relieve pain, promote healing, and avoid future injury. These attributes make it excellent for most athletes, whether you're looking to prevent future injury or help to heal an existing one.
Heat and Moisture Management
Designed with neoprene material, the McDavid Knee Support delivers therapeutic heat to your injury. This helps promote healing and reduce pain in the area. The brace also has a perforated back panel to manage the build up of heat and moisture, ensuring you remain comfortable throughout use.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides level two advanced support
- Provides compression and soft tissue support
- Gives you firm medial and lateral stability
- Padded buttress supports the patella
- Top and bottom hook and loop closures ensure outstanding fit
- Latex-free neoprene provides thermal and compression therapy
- Seamless, perforated back panel for all-around comfort
- Outer heavy-duty nylon fabric for durable support
- Fits your left or right knee for versatile product
- Reinforced spring steel stays offer enhanced medial-lateral confidence
- Elastic cross straps for enhanced compression
- Straps provide added rotational and collateral ligament support
Indications for the Ligament Knee Brace
The Ligament Knee Support can help relieve the symptoms of the following conditions:
- Patella subluxation
- Minor ligament problems
Sizing of the McDavid Ligament Knee Support
To determine which size is right for you, please measure the circumference of your knee at the centre of your patella, then consult the table below.
|Size ||Knee Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||30 - 35cm |
|Medium ||35 - 38cm |
|Large ||38 - 43cm |
|Extra Large ||43 - 50cm |
|XX-Large ||50 - 56cm |
How Do You Apply the McDavid Knee Brace?
- Loosen all straps
- Slip support on until kneecap fits comfortably in hole within patella buttress (opening)
- Pull bottom left crossing strap up and across, secure on right side over buttress
- Pull top right crossing strap down and across, secure on left side under buttress
- Pull bottom right crossing strap up and across and secure on left side over buttress
- Pull top left crossing strap down and across and secure on right side under buttress
- Pass top and bottom horizontal straps through d-ring and secure back on to itself
Wash and Care Instructions
- Hand wash in warm water with a mild detergent
- Rinse thoroughly and drip dry only
- Do not machine wash or dry clean
Neoprene supports are intended for use during short periods (i.e. several hours) of activity. Do not wear for more than two to three hours or while sleeping. Do not apply over open wounds or if you have a susceptibility to dermatitis, an allergy to rubber or circulation problems.
While being worn, especially during initial usage, regularly inspect the skin under the support. If a rash or other skin problems develop, discontinue use. If the problem persists, consult a physician.