Almost everyone has experienced an ankle sprain or strain in their lives, an uneven step or poor gait is all it takes to unbalance this important joint and leave you looking at weeks of recovery. The PSB Ankle Brace 8 gives support and stability to the joint, without compromising your freedom of motion, making it the perfect choice for ankles recovering from or preventing the risk of injury.
The Ankle Brace 8 features a 'figure 8' strap that secures around the foot, and is ideal for lighter sprains and injury prevention as well as being suitable for sports where shoes are not worn. For ankles in need of more stabilisation, the rigid design of the PSB Ankle Brace is recommended.
Who Can Make Gains with the PSB Ankle Brace 8?
This easy to apply brace is perfect for injury prevention, with a 'figure 8' strapping system that provides compressive support across the ankle and arch of the foot. Recommended for light spraining, capsule irritations, slight instability and the prevention of recurring injuries, the PSB Ankle Brace 8 is ideal for rehab routines, for support without impeding movement:
- What Toes Up: If you can stand on your toes, you can do this simple exercise. Standing on the first step up of your staircase with your heels hanging off the edges, rise up of tip toes and then lower yourself again. Use the wall or banister to stay balanced. Repeat 10 - 15 times.
- Waddle Workout: Walk 4 metres straight, once with your toes pointed outwards and your heels towards each other, again with your toes facing each other and your heels pointed outwards, and once more with feet in a standard position.
The great support of this brace can apply to a wide range of exercises:
Features of the PSB Ankle Brace 8
A wide range of features make this brace perfect for injury treatment or as a reliable preventative:
- Low profile design
- Figure 8 strap for ankle-to-heel support
- Ideal for sports where shoes are not worn
- Supports without compromising movement
- Treats and prevents injury
- Machine washable to 40 degrees
- Easy self-application
Sizing the PSB Ankle Brace 8
|Size ||Foot Circumference Around Arch (cm) |
|Small ||20 - 22.5cm |
|Medium ||22.5 - 25.5cm |
|Large ||25.5 - 58.5cm |
Fitting the PSB Ankle Brace 8
- Pull on the brace as you would with a sock, the heel opening should fit precisely around the rear foot.
- Hold your foot at a 90 degree angle, as it would be when standing.
- Pull up the support so it can be secured at ankle height, in closing the support, the long strap should be roughly positioned at the ankle bone.
- Wrap the long strap moving towards your inner ankle, across the top of your foot, around the arch of the sole and back. This should create a figure 8 and comfortably allow you to secure the strap on the velcro located at its base.