Any athlete knows that an knee injury usually means you'll be "out of the running" for quite some time when it comes to sport. Due to the importance of this joint in a wide range of activities, it can be all too easy to aggravate an injury when you are trying your best to keep it well rested - even getting up too fast from the chair you were resting in can undo all the good it did! A knee brace is key to quick and healthy recovery and should support the patella and stabilise the joint - like the PSB Knee Brace.
Who Can Make Gains with the PSB Knee Brace?
Whether you are recovering from injury, ensuring that a past injury doesn't return, or part way through rehabilitation, the PSB Knee Brace is ideal for seeing you through the first steps back to sport. Designed for wear during activity, the brace is a helping hand through rehabilitation exercises:
- Thighs Guy: Stand against a wall with your feet slightly apart. Raise the foot of your injured leg until you can grasp it with your respective hand (e.g. right foot to right hand), using your free hand to balance against the wall. Hold the position for 10 seconds stretch the thigh muscles, rest and repeat.
- Wall Lunger: Press both hands against the wall, place your injured leg in front of the other, both feet should be facing forwards. Bend the forward leg so that you are lunging towards the wall, you should feel the stretch in your calf, hold for 10 seconds and repeat.
A high level of support and comfort means this knee brace is ideal for a huge range of sports that place high demand on your knee:
Features of the PSB Knee Brace
The range of features of the PSB Knee Brace can offer injury support to athletes from just about any sport:
- Highly supportive knee brace
- Relieves pressure and pain from the patella
- Ideal for use during sports
- Balances stability with freedom of motion
- No movement restriction
- Inner power net allows for adjustable compression
- Silicone strips keep brace securely in place
- Breathable, moisture-wicking material
- Machine washable to 40 degrees
- Easy self-application
Sizing the PSB Knee Brace
|Size ||Below Knee Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||28 - 31cm |
|Medium ||31 - 36cm |
|Large ||36 - 41cm |
|X-Large ||41 - 47cm |
Applying the PSB Knee Brace
- Make sure all the velcro straps are undone. Pull on the support so that the darker blue portion is resting just below the knee cap
- Secure the lowest strap by pulling it around the back of the leg to the desired tightness
- The lighter blue "powernet" should be pulled up to rest just above the knee cap
- Secure the two straps of the powernet to your desired pressure at the front of the thigh