The patella, or kneecap, is one of the most sensitive areas when undertaking any type of sport. A particularly hard fall, collision with another player or just a bad twist of the leg can all injure the knee, and bring your playing days to an end for the foreseeable future. Having such an important part to play when it comes to even the simplest of motions – sitting and standing, crouching down or taking the stairs – means that knee injuries that are not properly cared for can easily last for months at a time. The PSB Patella Brace helps support the joint, relieve pain and applies a healthy dose of compression so you can be back in the game in no time.
Who Can Make Gains with the PSB Patella Brace?
Ideal for sufferers of Jumper's Knee, patellofemoral complaints or overloading of the hamstring, this low-profile brace gives excellent support to the knee without compromising ease of motion, perfect for providing support through exercises of rehabilitation:
- Thighs: Stand against a wall with your feet slightly apart. Raise the foot of your injured leg until you can grasp it with your respective hand (i.e. right foot to right hand), using your free hand to balance against the wall. Hold the position for 10 seconds stretch the thigh muscles, rest and repeat.
- Wall Lunger: Press both hands against the wall, place your injured leg in front of the other, both feet should be facing forwards. Bend the forward leg so that you are lunging towards the wall, you should feel the stretch in your calf, hold for 10 seconds and repeat.
This small but effective knee brace is ideal for wear in sports, to give continuing support even after your recovery. Ideal for a range of activities, the Patella Brace can be worn through various different sports:
Features of the PSB Patella Brace
This high-performing low-profile brace can find a place in any athlete's kit:
- Gives greater stability to the patella
- Relieves pain and strain of the knee cap
- Easily adjusted to desired pressure
- Doesn't inhibit bending or movement
- Breathable, moisture-wicking material
- Silicone strips keeps brace securely in place
- Ideal for use during sport
- Easy self-application
- Machine washable up to 40 degrees
- One size fits all
Applying the PSB Patella Brace
Slip on your effective support in two easy steps:
- With the knee in a bent position, place the stiffer section just below the knee cap on the tendon. Hold it in place with one hand.
- Wrap the brace to the desired pressure around the knee and secure.