Rehband Hyper-X Knee Support
Hyper-extension occurs when the knee is bent backwards beyond its normal range, which can stretch, tear or damage the ligaments. This can be very painful, causing swelling and a loss of strength in the leg.
The Rehband Hyper-X Knee Support is a knee brace which provides excellent joint stabilisation to help prevent and repair this unpleasant injury. That way you can continue to get the most out of your training, pain-free.
Who Can Make Gains with the Hyper-X Knee Support?
Featuring cross-over straps on the backside, the Hyper-X Knee Support alleviates pain and prevents further damage in the knee region. It can be used to stop healthy knees suffering from hyper-extension.
The knee support is also effective at treating ACL and PCL injuries and collateral ligament injury – the perfect companion for any ambitious sportsperson.
Indications of the Hyper-X Knee Support
The Rehband Hyper-X Knee Support is suitable for the following conditions:
- Collateral ligament injury
- Severe instability
- Preoperative or chronic instability of the anterior/posterior cruciate ligament (ACL/PCL)
Features of the Hyper-X Knee Support
- Advanced knee brace
- Stabilises and reduces load on the knee joint
- Neoprene construction warms affected area
- Relieves pain
- Firm straps and double-jointed aluminium splints on both sides - optimal joint support
- Cross-straps on the backside - extra stabilisation
- Available in 5 sizes
- 5mm SBR/neoprene
- 3mm M-vent
- Polyamide jersey
- Aluminium splints
- Adapt the splints individually
- Open all Velcro closures on the upper and lower part
- Pull the knee-brace up along your leg, until the opening at the front frames the patella
- Fasten the straps, two on each side of the knee
- To use hyper-extension stop: put the long straps cross-wise in the knee-fold. Pull the long, lower strap through the upper plastic circle, draw back and close the Velcro. Pull the long, upper strap through the lower plastic circle, draw back and close the Velcro. For maximum of hyper-extension stop: put your knee joint in 90 degrees of flexion when tightening the cross
Adjusting the Hyper-X Knee Support
- It is preferred that the splints are shaped by a medically trained person
- It is easiest to adjust the splint by bending it further at the pre-made bend
- Bend the brace splint sideways only
- First find out in which direction you must bend the splint so that it best fits your leg - you feel this easiest while testing the brace
There are then different approaches to bending the splint (avoid bending force against the splint joint, regardless of which approach you choose):
- Bend the splint with your hands while holding it against your leg
- Fasten the splint in a vice or other similar device or tool. When fastened, bend the splint with a tool or by manual force
- Bend the splint with your hand or with a suitable tool
- Close all Velcro
- Remove detachable splints
- Mesh laundry bag is recommended
- Stretch product while wet and let dry
Keep the knee slightly bent (about 30°) and measure the circumference (cm) around the leg, 10cm below the patella;
|Size ||Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||33 - 35cm |
|Medium ||35 - 37cm |
|Large ||37 - 40cm |
|Extra Large ||40 - 43cm |
|XX-Large ||43 - 46cm |
This item contains neoprene. The time of use should not exceed 3 - 4 hours. If you are allergic to heat, it is not advised that you use this product.