After injury or surgery, a lack of support during your recovery can cause long lasting pain and make walking extremely difficult. If you experience debilitating ankle pain, then you should try the Rehband UD Lace-Up Ankle Brace, a lightweight and highly durable textile support that provides outstanding stability to your ankle.
Who Can Make Gains with the Rehband UD Lace-Up Brace?
The Rehband UD Lace-Up Brace draws on decades of anatomic research and development to provide you with the ultimate rehabilitation and recovery tool. Created with highly breathable and comfortable SpaceTex material, the brace restricts minimal movement to allow for full recovery. If you are an active person who wants to get training as soon as possible, this brace is for you.
Key Features of the Rehband UD Lace-Up Ankle Brace
- Developed using highly breathable and comfortable SpaceTex fabric
- Designed for injury prevention and to provide recovery from ankle sprains
- Eversion and inversion of the foot joint are restricted without negatively affecting plantar and dorsal flexion of the foot
- Medically classified device which means this brace is certified to function as described
- Can be placed on either right or left foot
- Sold individually as a single unit
What Conditions Does the Rehband UD Lace-Up Ankle Brace Alleviate?
This Ankle Brace provides stability, support and pain relief to a number of conditions using a combination of compression, warmth and anatomic stabilisation. The conditions to which this Brace can be applied include:
- Ankle sprains
- Ligament instabilities
- Post-operatively after ligament ruptures
- Feeling of instability/ligament instabilities
- Overexertion and soft tissue overload in the ankle area
- Ankle pain, inflammation, and wear-and-tear injuries
- Achilles tendon injuries
How Should I Apply the Rehband UD Lace-Up Ankle Brace?
The initial fitting and application of the support must be carried out by qualified personnel, such as your local GP. The support is delivered ready for trial fitting.
- Open all straps and loosen laces.
- Pull the support over the foot and lace up like a shoe.
- Next, apply the stabilising straps as follows: Lay the outer strap over the instep and pass it from inner (medial) side under the foot and attach to the corresponding hook and loop closure on the ankle.
- Next, lay the inner strap over the instep, pass it from the outer (lateral) side under the foot and attach to the corresponding hook and loop closure on the ankle.
- If full weight-bearing of the foot has been allowed by the physician, the stabilisation straps may be re-tightened .
What Size Should I Choose?
To determine which size is right for you, measure the circumference around your ankle, and refer to the table below:
|Size of Ankle Brace ||Measurement of Ankle Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small ||25.5 - 28cm |
|28 - 30.5cm |
|Medium ||30.5 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 35.5cm |
|Extra Large ||35.5 - 38cm |
What Materials is the Rehband UD Lace-Up Ankle Brace Made From?
- Use a slightly moistened cloth to clean the outside of the support. Hand-wash the textile elements in 30 °C warm water with a standard mild detergent.
- We recommend closing the hook and loop closures before washing to keep them functional for a long time.
- Rinse thoroughly so that all residual detergent is removed.
- Air dry the support. Do not expose to the sun and do not use oven or radiator heat for drying.
- If need be, the shoelaces can be replaced.