The Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser is a rigid splint which supports the CMC (carpometacarpal) joint and reduces the effects of thumb hypertension.
Who Can Make Gains With The Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser?
The Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser provides support to the thumb and can help with a range of different injuries, as well as helping to reduce the effects of thumb hypertension. This makes it fantastic for helping injuries associated with ball sports, skiing and work-related repetitive strain problems, so you can get off the injury bench and back into the game. The Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser is suitable for:
- Carpometacarpal Joint Injuries
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
- Lateral Ulnar Ligament Injuries (Skier's Thumb, Gamekeeper's Thumb, Stener's Lesion)
Features and Benefits of the Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser
Promotes heat retention and healing
Firm, comfortable fit
Lightweight, breathable fabric allows free ventilation
Anatomically shaped for improved fitting
Washable for lasting hygiene
Sizing for the Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser
Measurements taken around the wrist:
|Thermoskin Size ||Wrist Measurement |
|Small ||14 - 16cm |
|Medium ||17 - 19cm |
|Large ||20 - 22cm |
|Extra Large || |
23 - 25cm
The Benefits of Thermoskin
Like other supports that are available, Thermoskin products use a highly supportive outer material, but we combine this tried and tested material with an entirely new and unique lining, Trioxon.
Trioxon provides 3 main benefits:
- Trioxon assists in the retention of the body’s natural heat (typically increasing skin temperature by up to 2°C), thus promoting healing.
- The construction of Trioxon allows for much improved ventilation and perspiration control at the affected site. The wearer therefore remains comfortable, and can enjoy the benefits of Thermoskin for longer.
- Its crush-resistant fibres give Thermoskin supports greater strength and durability.
Only Thermoskin provides the unique benefits of Trioxon.
Instructions for use
Wear the Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser directly against the skin. Do not use oils, ointments or liniments under the support. When showering or bathing remove the support.
Hand or machine wash in warm water using mild soap. Do not use detergents or solvents; air dry only.
Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
Fitting the Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser
To correctly fit the Thermoskin Thumb Stabiliser:
- Wrap the Velcro around your thumb and secure it
- Slide your thumb into the the thumb part of the support
- Secure the wrist part with the shorter and wider Velcro
- Wrap the thin Velcro strap around the splint and secure it