Thuasne Elastocalx S/P Heel Insert for Supination and Pronation
Supination or pronation occurs when your foot abnormally rolls inwards or outwards during a normal walking motion, and can lead to a host of foot and joint issues. With one contoured raised side, the Thuasne Elastocalx S/P Heel Insert for Supination and Pronation has been designed to help reduce supination or pronation to improve your stability while walking and reduce discomfort.
The Thuasne Elastocalx S/P Heel Insert is supplied as a single insert, and can be used for either the left or right foot. If you require a pair, you must order two inserts.
Who Can Make Gains with the Elastocalx S/P Insert?
This heel cushion is ideal for those suffering from the following conditions:
- Supination (also known as underpronation)
- Pronation (also known as overpronation)
Size Guide for the Elastocalx S/P
This insert is available in five different sizes to cater to most users. Simply use your UK shoe size or the length of your foot (from heel to big toe) to find out which size you need, referring to the table below.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size ||Foot Length (cm) |
|Extra Small ||Child Size 13 - Adult Size 2.5 ||20.3 - 22.2cm |
|Small ||UK Size 2.5 - 4.5 ||22.3 - 24.2cm |
|Medium ||UK Size 5 - 6.5 ||24.3 - 26.2cm |
|Large ||UK Size 7 - 9 ||26.3 - 28.2cm |
|Extra Large ||UK Size 9.5 - 11 ||28.3 - 29.7cm |
What Happens If the Conditions Are Left Untreated?
If left untreated, overpronation or supination will affect you in different ways. Excessive pronation can cause the foot arch to flatten out, making the muscles, tendons and ligaments stretch out on the sole of your foot.
Excessive supination, on the other hand, will strain the muscles and tendons that help support your ankle. If you don't treat the condition, your ankle can roll over completely and this will result in a sprain to the area. As such, it's important that you provide support to prevent this.
How Do I Apply the Thuasne S/P Insert?
This insert is designed for simple application into the heels of your shoes. The way in which it should be applied will depend on whether you would like to correct a supinating or overpronating walking pattern:
- Supination: For supinating gaits, place the thicker end of the insert toward the outside (little toe side) of your heel
- Pronation: For pronating gaits, place the thicker end of the insert toward the inside (big toe side) of your heel
Will This Insert Fit My Shoes?
The Thuasne S/P Insert is designed with flexible silicone and a low profile, making it easy to fit into the vast majority of footwear.
Key Features and Benefits
- Heel insert designed to correct supinating and overpronating gaits
- Helps to stabilise the heel and provide a more comfortable walking patterns
- Low profile and flexible materials allow adaptation to most footwear
- Supplied as a single heel insert for the left or right foot
- Available in five different sizes