Thuasne Rebel Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace
Osteoarthritis isn't just caused by the natural wear of cartilage over the years; it can also be the result of overexerting yourself while you play sporting activities. The Thuasne Rebel Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace is the only knee support that is universally adaptable to help reduce compressing forces in the area and improve medial osteoarthritis (OA), lateral OA and ligament instability. The brace is designed to stabilise the knee by gently applying a three-point corrective force to the leg.
Who Can Make Gains with the Rebel Reliever Brace?
Sports like cycling can exacerbate OA in your knee joint, particularly if you use a high gear that forces you to put pressure on your knees. Although leading an active lifestyle is generally important for OA as excess weight can put more pressure on the knees, it's important to play sports that won't be taxing on your knees.
If you've been diagnosed with OA in the knee, the Rebel Reliever helps to reduce compressing forces in the knee by 36%. Other clinically proven benefits include the following, all of which can help you remain active:
- Improved walking capacity
- Improved muscle function
- Reduced compressing forces
- Improved ADL participation
- Reduced pain and symptoms
- Improved quality of life
- Improved balance and confidence
Features and Benefits of the Knee Support
- Stabilises knee by gently applying a three-point corrective force
- Shifts compressing forces away from damaged side of knee
- Limits varus or valgus misalignment
- Redistributes your weight across broader aspect to minimise pain
- Rigid aircraft aluminium frame
- Patented adjustable loadshifters
- Townsend Motion TM5+ Hinges
- Extension stop kit
- Exclusive Synergistic Suspension Strap
- Rotation control tibial shell contour
- "Powdercoat" finish
- Reduces compressive forces in knee by 36%
- Improves a range of different issues
- Uprights can be shortened and/or lengthened
- Thigh shell angle can be shifted up to 18°
Indications for the Rebel Reliever
The Osteoarthritis Knee Brace is suitable for the following conditions:
- Mild to moderate medial or lateral osteoarthritis
- Ligament instability in combination with osteoarthritis
Shifts Compressing Forces
Thuasne's Rebel Reliever Support uses Townsend's patented Loadshifter technology. This provides the necessary mechanical leverage to shift compressing forces away from the damaged side of the knee.
To find out which size is best, take three measurements and consult the table below:
- The circumference of your thigh 15cm above the mid patella (knee joint).
- Your knee width at the centre of the knee.
- The circumference of your calf 15cm below the mid patella (knee joint).
|Size ||Thigh Circumference ||Knee Width ||Calf Width |
|Extra Small ||31.75 - 39.3cm ||7.6 - 8.9cm ||27.9 - 31.75cm |
|Small ||39.3 - 47cm ||8.9 - 10.16cm ||31.1 - 34.9cm |
|Medium ||47 - 53.3cm ||10.16 - 11.43cm ||33.65 - 38.1cm |
|Large ||53.3 - 59.7cm ||11.43 - 12.7cm ||36.1 - 40cm |
|Extra Large ||59.7 - 63.5cm ||12.7 - 14cm ||38.1 - 43.1cm |
|XX-Large ||63.5 - 71.1cm ||14 - 15.25cm ||43.1 - 22.8cm |