The WaterRower S1 Rowing Machine is a limited edition rowing machine featuring a brushed, polished stainless steel frame. Kitting out your gym or club with excellent equipment is a must, since if your members aren't happy with the range of options available they will go elsewhere. Rowing machines are a great choice for members' needs, especially the WaterRower range, which enables a quiet and smooth workout.
About the S1 Rowing Machine
The WaterRower S1 Rowing Machine is quiet and smooth – the only sound you hear is the soothing and relaxing sound of moving water.
The unique and stylish design ensures that the WaterRower S1 doesn't look out of place in any club, gym or even home, while the compact design allows for ease of storage when not in use.
Benefits of Rowing
Rowing works 84% of the body's muscle mass, and it recruits all the major muscle groups more effectively than any other exercise. Although rowing has a lower level of exertion than other aerobic exercise, it can burn up to 1000 calories per hour for great results.
A great exercise for sufferers of joint pain, rowing moves the joints through a full range of motion. It does this with minimal impact and ensures no body weight is put on the joints. The movements used during rowing, including leg extension, hip hinge and open shoulders, also help with your posture.
S4 Performance Monitor
The WaterRower S1 Rowing Machine features the S4 performance monitor. The monitor is designed to be easy to use, and with a quick start option for most functions you can press the button and begin rowing straight away.
Other functions include:
- Intensity in metres per second/miles per hour/time per 500m/time per 2km/watts and kcalories per hour
- Stroke rate and heart rate features
- Zone Feature allows you to set your desired heart rate, stroke rate or intensity
- Distance Workout Feature allows you to set a desired distance and work down to zero
- Auto Store Feature automatically stores the last 9 historic workout settings
- Interval Workout Feature allows you to set up to 9 work intervals (this can be of distance or duration) separated by rest durations
- Duration Workout Feature allows you to set a desired workout duration and work down to zero, upon completion it will show average workout statistics and the total distance
- PC Interface - gives you the option to link the S4 monitor to your PC and have access to a wide variety of 3rd party and open source software
Check out the video below demonstrating the features of the S4 Performance Monitor:
Specifications of the S1 Rowing Machine
- Frame Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Electro-polished brushed stainless steel
- Handle Width: 15"
- Rail Design: Dual-rail
- Warranty: 3 years (parts), 5 years (frame)
- Dimensions: Length - 82.25" (209cm), Width - 22.25" (57cm), Height - 19.625" (50cm), Weight: 40kg (dry), 57kg (17L of water)