Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Yoga Brick
Ideal for the eco-conscious yogi, the Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Yoga Brick is made from sustainable sources and will add length to your limbs by bringing the floor closer to you. The additional height allows you to try more poses without overreaching or straining your muscles.
- 1 x Extra High Cork Yoga Brick
Who Can Make Gains With the Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Brick?
If you are a beginner and find the standard yoga bricks not quite tall enough, then the Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Brick is ideal as it provides you with that additional length required to achieve correct alignment. Even if you are an advanced practitioner, an extra high yoga brick is essential to help you master any new or complicated poses without rising injury.
Key Features and Benefits
- Taller brick is ideal for those needing extra length for standing or seated poses to ensure correct alignment
- Multi-functional as it helps to deepen and strengthen yoga practice
- Provides support, balance, stability and comfort at every level
- Ideal for various fitness activities both at home or in the gym
- Non-slip natural cork makes it easy to grip for maximum control
- Makes yoga poses more accessible by adding length to your limbs
- Cork won't damage floors or distort under body weight
- Eco-friendly, made from sustainable sources which can be recycled and fully biodegradable
- Lightweight yet sturdy for easy transportation
What Is a Yoga Brick?
Yoga bricks are extremely popular tools that help yoga practitioners to achieve more poses and develop strength. They help to bring the floor closer in standing poses and provide additional support in seated and reclined poses.
Why Should I Choose a Cork Brick?
Yoga bricks are commonly made of foam, cork and wood. Cork bricks are heavier than foam blocks so they provide more stability and last longer than them. They are as environmentally friendly as wooden bricks but much lighter and won't damage floors at home or in the studio. They are sturdy enough not to distort under body weight and allows you to modify your poses to suit your level.
How Do I Use the Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Brick?
You can use the Yoga-Mad Extra High Cork Brick in lots of different yoga poses as well as general fitness routines such as:
- Stretching the Shoulders: Get on your knees to align your hips and stretch your insteps. Place your hands on two erected yoga bricks, then exhale and lower your head, open your armpits and sink your chest. Keep for 10 breaths.
- Stretching the Back of Legs: In the Crescent Pose, put your hands on two erected yoga bricks, then exhale and move back your hips. Straighten your feet to keep your back extended, inhale back to Crescent Pose. Repeat 10 times, then switch sides.
- Extended Side Angle: Place your hand on the brick inside or outside the front foot. You can start with the brick standing up and lower it as you gain more flexibility until you are able to touch your hand on the mat.
- Triangle Pose: Lean your hand on a yoga brick inside or outside your foot in the Triangle Pose instead of placing your hand onto ankle or shin. It will provide more stability so that you can focus on lifting your chest and lengthening through the fingertips.
- Half Moon Pose: If you're struggling to reach the floor, place brick upright on your mat and lean your hand on it for support. With regular practice you should be able to lower the brick or achieve difficult poses on your own.
- Length: 30cm
- Width: 13cm
- Height: 7.5cm
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Material: 100% natural and sustainable cork
- Care instructions: Wipe clean with a clean damp cloth