Yoga-Mad Extra Long Light Blue Cotton Yoga Belt (2.5m)
Achieve better alignment and deepen your stretchese with the Yoga-Mad Extra Long Light Blue Cotton Yoga Belt (2.5m). The extra length makes it particularly suitable for yoga styles such as Iyengar where the extra length is ideal for binding.
- 1 x 2.5m Long Light Blue Yoga Belt
Who Can Make Gains With the Yoga-Mad Extra Long Light Blue Cotton Yoga Belt?
Whether you're a beginner or an advanced practitioner, a yoga belt can greatly aid with your alignment, deepening and lengthening. A yoga belt is vital to practising yoga safely and for deriving the most benefits from your practice.
Key Features and Benefits
- Longer than the standard yoga belt/strap to achieve more poses especially those involving binding
- Assists in yoga poses where you need to extend your reach
- Helps to aid proper alignment throughout the pose
- Prevents rounding the shoulders or overstretching when you're not quite ready
- Increases flexibility, decreases tension and improves muscle strength
How Can the Yoga-Mad Extra Long Belt Enhance My Practice?
You can use the Yoga-Mad belt to increase your flexibility and achieve better poses through the three main benefits below:
- Alignment: One of the biggest advantage of using a yoga belt is that it helps to correct your alignment. So often people push themselves to achieve difficult poses which can be dangerous but a yoga belt helps to perform them in a safe way without risking injury.
- Deepening: Another benefit of using a yoga belt is that it allows you to deepen your stretches like Seated Forward Folds. It helps you to go deeper into a pose without sacrificing alignment which is essential.
- Lengthening: Some yoga poses such as the Bow Pose or the Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose are difficult to achieve for beginners. A yoga belt can avoid compression by helping you to hold onto your feet without injuring your spine.
How Can I Use the Extra Long Yoga Belt?
The Yoga-Mad Organic Cotton Yoga Strap is a versatile prop that can be used in numerous ways to improve your practice. Below are some suggestions to get you started:
Side Stretch: To stretch your arms, shoulders and the sides of your body, hold the yoga strap slightly wider than the shoulder width. Then gently swaying side to side, stretch and open the shoulders.
Bound Angle Pose: Create a circular shape using the D-ring at one end. Place the strap behind your sacrum and underneath your feet. Lay on your back with the base of your feet touching with your knees apart. Slowly tighten the strap, pulling your legs closer to the body and deepening your stretch.
Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Pose): Sit on the floor with one or both feet straight in front of you. Make a loop on the strap and place it around the ball of your foot or feet. Hold onto the strap and use it to straighten your spine. Slowly lower yourself toward the extended leg, keeping the strap tight as you bend forward.
- Dimensions: 2.5m x 38mm
- Material: 100% cotton
- Cinch buckle closure system
- Non-retail packed, comes in PE bag