Yoga-Mad Mandala Patterned Shingle Yoga Sandbag
Relax your muscles and go deeper into your asanas with the Yoga-Mad Mandala Patterned Shingle Yoga Sandbag. The pea shingle filling instead of the more common sand conforms to your body shape and helps to distribute your weight evenly for a comfortable practice. If you love this design as much as we do, then we also have the Yoga-Mad Mandala Patterned Buckwheat Yoga Bolster to complete your set!
- 1 x Mandala Patterned Shingle Yoga Sandbag
Who Can Make Gains With the Mandala Patterned Shingle Yoga Sandbag?
As a truly versatile prop, the OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag can be used by any fitness enthusiast whether a novice or an expert yogi. The weight of the bag helps to increase stamina and muscle tone and people often see faster results when used properly.
Key Features and Benefits
- Yoga sandbag with pea shingle instead of sand for even weight distribution
- The shingle conforms to your body shape to optimise your yoga practice
- The shingle doesn't feel as cold to the skin or damp during winter
- Features a stunning purple mandala design to enhance your practice
- Outer cover made from jute/cotton blend material for softness and durability
- Sturdy carry handle for easy lifting, storage and transportation
What Is a Yoga Sandbag?
Yoga sandbags are often used as gentle weights and placed on various parts of the body depending on which muscle you're using and stretching. They can be used in any type of yoga but are particularly popular with practitioners of Yin and Restorative yoga, where they help the muscles to relax, deepen postures and enhance stretches.
How Do I Use the Shingle Yoga Sandbag?
There are many ways to incorporate the sandbag in your yoga practice but below are some ideas:
- Virasana or Hero Pose: This is a kneeling asana and an alternative to the Lotus position for seated meditation. Place sandbag between your thighs to intensify your stretch.
- Padangusthana or Big Toe Pose: Improve your flexibility and relieve stress with this pose by placing the sandbag on your hips. This brings awareness to the pelvis and helps keep the hips flat.
- Pranayama: An essential part of yoga and meditation is the practice of breath regulation. By placing the sandbag on your stomach, it acts as a reminder to breathe properly while maintaining good posture.
- Dimensions: 42cm x 18cm
- Weight: 5kg
- Material: Jute/cotton blend
- Filling: Pea shingle (cover is not removable)
- Please note colours are subject to change and may vary from images shown as we cannot guarantee colour representation on computers and other devices