Yoga-Mad OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag
Sink deeper into your poses and hold them for longer with the Yoga-Mad OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag. Packed with pea shingle instead of sand, it conforms to your body shape and is great for even weight distribution to enhance your practice.
- 1 x OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag
They are available in three colours (Blue, Hot Pink and Purple ) so please choose your option from the drop-down menu above.
Who Can Make Gains With the OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag?
As a truly versatile prop, the OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag can be used by any fitness enthusiast whether a novice or an expert yogi. The weight of the bag helps to increase stamina and muscle tone and people often see faster results when used properly.
Key Features and Benefits
- Yoga sandbag with pea shingle instead of sand for even weight distribution
- The shingle conforms to your body shape to optimise your yoga practice
- The shingle doesn't feel as cold to the skin or damp during winter
- Bag comes with embroidered OM which is a symbol of oneness
- Outer cotton cover and nylon inner lining that's durable and leak-free
- Sturdy carry handle for easy lifting, storage and transportation
- Available in a choice of three colours
What Is a Yoga Sandbag?
Yoga sandbags are often used as gentle weights and placed on various parts of the body depending on which muscle you're using and stretching. They can be used in any type of yoga but are particularly popular with practitioners of Yin and Restorative yoga, where they help the muscles to relax, deepen postures and enhance stretches.
What Does the OM Symbol Stand For?
The embroidered OM on the sandbag is a Sanskrit term that's sacred in many religions including Buddhism and Hinduism where it represents the union of mind, body and spirit. It is considered the sound of the universe and by chanting the mantra, we acknowledge our connection to nature and all other living beings.
How Do I Use the Yoga-Mad OM Shingle Yoga Sandbag?
There are many ways to incorporate the sandbag in your yoga practice but below are some ideas:
- Virasana or Hero Pose: This is a kneeling asana and an alternative to the Lotus position for seated meditation. Place sandbag between your thighs to intensify your stretch.
- Padangusthana or Big Toe Pose: Improve your flexibility and relieve stress with this pose by placing the sandbag on your hips. This brings awareness to the pelvis and helps keep the hips flat.
- Pranayama: An essential part of yoga and meditation is the practice of breath regulation. By placing the sandbag on your stomach, it acts as a reminder to breathe properly while maintaining good posture.
- Dimensions: 42cm x 18cm
- Weight: 5kg
- Material: Cotton outer cover and nylon inner lining
- Filling: Pea shingle (cover is not removable)
- Please note colours are subject to change and may vary from images shown as we cannot guarantee colour representation on computers and other devices