Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace with Silicone Borders
Like the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace with Silicone Borders relieves pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap. Reinforced with integrated silicone material to prevent sinking, and with a flat-fitting design, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 can be worn under clothing to relieve pressure, provide cushioning, and stimulate circulation to promote healing.
Who Can Make Gains With the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace has been designed to stabilise the position of the kneecap and activate the musculature. This helps to relieve pain, while the viscoelastic pads gently massage the area to stimulate circulation to promote healing.
Who Can Benefit from the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace?
Whether you only suffer from occasional knee pair or you require a support to help treat a specific condition, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Support may help to reduce your pain and discomfort. Suitable conditions for alleviating with the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Anterior knee pain
- Dislocation tendency
- High-riding patella (patella alta)
- Lateralisation of the patella
- Lateral release surgery aftercare
- Patellar tip syndrome
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Sports-based pain
If you are unsure about whether or not the GenuTrain P3 support is right for you, we recommend you consult your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right support for your specific needs.
Can I Use the GenuTrain P3 Brace During Sports?
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for wearing during sports, particularly if you've suffered an injury from a twist or direct impact. This active knee brace improves healing time while also protecting against the risk of overloading or developing a second injury. The elasticity of the knit ensures that your mobility is not restricted.
How Does the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace Work?
Unlike many basic knee braces, which can offer minimal pain relief during healing, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace utilises a range of supportive features to ensure you get the best relief possible. The P3 in the name 'GenuTrain P3' stands for 'permanent patella protection', as the brace protects the patella (generally known as the kneecap) securely as you move. Please see the annotated diagram below for more details.
- Muscle-Relaxing Pad: this reduces the lateral pull at the knee, helping to reduce pain.
- Corrective Guide: the corrective guide has been designed to stop the patella from drifting laterally.
- Patella Cover: this cover counteracts the tilting of the patella, helping to increase stability.
- Corrective Strap: this strap can be adjusted to provide you with the right level of kneecap control.
- Pad Wing: this ensures proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, improving proprioception.
- Viscoelastic Pad: this flat and anatomically designed pad improves comfort and centres the kneecap.
- Hoffa Pads (unlabeled): offering distal reinforcement (directed inwards) and compression of the infrapatellar fat pad.
- (Unlabeled) Silicone Padding: ensures that the brace sinks less quickly.
Sizing for the Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace is available in six different sizes for the left or right leg. To decide which size is right for you, please refer to the diagram below and then check the sizing chart.
|Size ||Circumference Below Knee ||Circumference Above Knee |
|Size 1 ||28 - 31cm ||39 - 42cm |
|Size 2 ||31 - 34cm ||42 - 45cm |
|Size 3 ||34 - 37cm ||45 - 48cm |
|Size 4 ||37 - 40cm ||48 - 51cm |
|Size 5 ||40 - 43cm ||51 - 54cm |
|Size 6 ||43 - 46cm ||54 - 57cm |
How Do I Wash My GenuTrain P3 Brace?
You can wash your Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace in a cold machine wash on a gentle or delicate cycle. Velcro straps, pads, and inserts should be removed where possible or fastened down. Make sure that you lay the support flat and let it air dry after washing.
Can I Wear the GenuTrain P3 Under Clothing?
Yes! With a flat and slim design, and an anatomically contoured shape, the BauerFeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace can be worn under clothing. This helps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the GenuTrain P3 as you go about your day.