The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace provides active support to reduce pain around the knee joint. With a flat-fitting design, it can be worn under clothing to relieve pressure, provide cushioning, and stimulate circulation to promote healing.
What Is the GenuTrain S Knee Brace?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace is a stabilising knee brace that has been designed to relieve pressure surrounding the knee. This helps to relieve pain, while the viscoelastic pads gently massage the area to stimulate circulation to promote healing. This combination of gentle compression and massage accelerates the reabsorption of oedema and effusions.
Who Can Benefit from the GenuTrain S Knee Brace?
Whether you only suffer from occasional knee pair or you require a support to help treat a specific condition, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Support may help to reduce your pain and discomfort. Suitable conditions for alleviating with the GenuTrain S Knee Brace include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Slight instability
If you are unsure about whether or not the GenuTrain S support is right for you, we recommend you consult your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right support for your specific needs.
How Does the GenuTrain S Knee Brace Work?
Unlike many basic knee braces, which can offer minimal pain relief during healing, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace utilises a range of supportive features to ensure you get the best relief possible. The S in the name 'GenuTrain S' stands for 'splints', as the brace incorporates lateral joint splints to guide the movement of your knee. Please see the annotated diagram below for more details.
- Three-Dimensional Train Active Knit: The knitted material offers an ideal fit, improving comfort with optimal neuromuscular joint stabilisation.
- Tension Straps: Each flat-fitting strap is individually adjustable with a micro Velcro Brand Fastening System, offering an improved fit.
- Joint Splints: These enhance the mechanical stabilisation of your knee joint.
- Viscoelastic Pads: Enjoy a massaging effect during movement to stimulate blood flow and encourage healing.
- Breathable Train Active Knit: The GenuTrain S is gentle on the skin and comfortable to wear for ongoing use.
- Reduced Pressure at the Edges: As there is minimal pressure on the edges of your GenuTrain S brace, constriction is prevented.
Sizing for the Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace is available in six different sizes for the left or right leg. To decide which size is right for you, please refer to the diagram below and then check the sizing chart.
|Size ||Circumference Below Knee ||Circumference Above Knee |
|Size 1 ||28 - 31cm ||38 - 41cm |
|Size 2 ||31 - 34cm ||41 - 44cm |
|Size 3 ||34 - 37cm ||44 - 47cm |
|Size 4 ||37 - 40cm ||47 - 50cm |
|Size 5 ||40 - 43cm ||50 - 53cm |
|Size 6 ||43 - 46cm ||53 - 56cm |
How Reliable Is the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Brace?
The GenuTrain S Knee Brace features an integral elastic padded ring around the knee cap, and this cannot slip, helping to position the support correctly. It also adapts to the angle of the knee joint during movement, ensuring you can receive optimal support as you go about your day.
Can I Wear the GenuTrain S Under Clothing?
Yes! With a flat and slim design, and an anatomically contoured shape, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace can be worn under clothing. This helps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the GenuTrain S as you go about your day.