BioSkin Wrist Support with Thumb Spica
Wrist and thumb complaints can be quite painful as well as extremely frustrating. In many professions and hobbies the hand is at risk of injury, be it overuse injuries, doing repetitive tasks at work, or using your hands to break your fall during sports. As you use your hands so often, any injury is painful and debilitating, with the constant risk of aggravating the damage.
The BioSkin Wrist Support with Thumb Spica is a low-profile 2-in-1 brace designed to provide the maximum comfort and protection for injured hands. If you are experiencing wrist pain, the last thing you want and need is to move your wrist, causing even more pain, which is why immobilisation offers the greatest protection during recovery.
Who Can Make Gains with the BioSkin Wrist Support?
This ultra low-profile brace protects the thumb from unwanted motion while allowing full range of motions in the other digits, making it ideal to help with the following conditions:
- De Quervain's
- Gamekeeper's wrist and thumb
- Post-cast healing
- Selected scaphoid injuries
Why Use the BioSkin Wrist Support with Thumb Spica?
During rehabilitation it is important that the affected area is protected, whilst still allowing the movement of the fingers and therefore allowing you to carry out daily tasks unhindered. The BioSkin Spica keeps wrist and thumbs immobilised in a supported position, so you can recover from injury without running the risk of suffering another.
Features of the BioSkin Wrist Support with Thumb Spica
- Restricts thumb motion whilst allowing full range of motion of the fingers
- Removable dorsal and palmar bars allow for customisation of the support
- Additional thumb spica minimises wrist movement, aiding in rehabilitation
- Made from BioSkin 2S soft and breathable material
- Easy application with hook and loop closures
- Lightweight and streamlined for minimal obstruction
- Contoured to the anatomy of the wrist
- Applies constant compression
- Latex-free and neoprene-free for reduced skin irritation
- Available in three adjustable sizes
Sizing the BioSkin Wrist Support with Thumb Spica
BioSkin is designed to give a compressed fit that allows for full support, so for some wearers this may feel strange or uncomfortable at first. If you find yourself between sizes, it is recommended that you select the larger size unless you desire a tighter fit.
|Size ||Wrist Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small - Small ||10 - 15cm |
|Medium - Large ||15 - 20cm |
|Extra Large - XX-Large ||20 - 25cm |
Watch the video below to find out how exactly fitting this BioSkin Wrist Support looks like.