Donjoy Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace
Your elbow tends to be susceptible to further injury and discomfort following surgery in the area, so it's important that you stabilise and support it as best as you can. The Donjoy Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace is designed to statically stretch the elbow during flexion and extension. This helps prevent further damage while also facilitating healing.
Who Can Make Gains with the Mayo Clinic Brace?
Injuries or conditions that have an impact on the elbow can severely reduce your ability to perform in sporting activities, particularly if you're taking part in bat and ball games like cricket, tennis, or golf. The Donjoy Clinic Elbow Support is designed to stabilise the area following an injury, allowing you to rest and recover before getting back to your active lifestyle. This helps ensure your elbow heals properly while also preventing further discomfort in the area.
The Mayo Clinic Elbow Support has been constructed for a range of conditions. This includes the following:
- Acute fracture dislocation
- Biceps and triceps tendon rupture
- Elbow contractures
- Elbow reconstruction
- Ligament repair
- Total elbow arthroplasty
- Ulnar nerve transposition
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides static stretch of the elbow in flexion and extension
- Replaces the need for two braces for elbow contractures
- Eliminates the need for serial casting following reconstruction
- Features a lock/unlock mechanism for a rapid switch between settings
- Designed with a calibrated control knob that assists in monitoring therapy progress
- Constructed with repositionable hinge stops that control your elbow range of motion
- Universal sizing is designed to fit most users
Sizing of the Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace
The Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace is supplied in a universal size to fit most users. Crafted in different models for either the right or left elbow, the support offers a tailored fit to suit your needs and requirements.
The Donjoy Mayo Clinic Brace is constructed to eliminate the need for serial casting following an elbow reconstruction or dislocation. This helps you save time and money during use. The support also replaces the need for two braces, making it an easy and cost-effective solution to your daily needs after an injury or surgery to the area.
Lock and Unlock Mechanism
Crafted with an easy-to-use lock and unlock mechanism, the Donjoy Mayo Elbow Brace enables you to rapidly switch between different settings of the support. The support can be used to immobilise the area, offer a static stretch, or allow free range of motion depending on your needs. This makes it suitable for most parts of the healing process.