Donjoy OA Reaction Web Right Medial/Left Lateral Knee Brace
When you've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, you'll be pleased to know that this isn't the end of your active lifestyle! The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Right Medial/Left Lateral Knee Brace is a discreet way of relieving pain associated with knee osteoarthritis, allowing you to regain control over your life. The support is so light that it can be worn under clothing so you can simply fit it and forget it.
Who Can Make Gains with the OA Reaction Web Knee Support?
The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Knee Brace is constructed for sufferers of osteoarthritis who are looking to return to their active lifestyle. The support works by reducing pressure on the knee, making it ideal for those with early-to-mid unicompartimental osteoarthritis of the knee and patella. As the support is lightweight and flexible, it is an excellent way of improving your condition during the early stages of your diagnosis.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unique and effective way of treating osteoarthritis knee pain
- Utilises patented silicone web technology to improve your condition
- Open framework is easy to apply and encourages a non-slip fit
- Breathable construction for added comfort and to encourage compliance
- Undersleeve is included with your purchase for improved comfort
- Features a soft silicone condyle pad so you remain comfortable
- Patented silicone design absorbs shock and offloads pressure
- Lightweight and discreet solution to your needs
- Designed to provide a four-way stretch for comfort
- Provides a custom-like fit for most leg shapes
- Designed with padded cuff liners for protection and comfort
- Features a single aluminium upright for improved stability
- Intimate fit increases proprioception to help you regain your confidence
- Ideal for those wanting to stay active despite their diagnosis
- Carefully-positioned silicone membranes stabilise the patella
Indications for the Donjoy Right Medial/Left Lateral Brace
The OA Reaction Web Knee Brace is ideal as a 'first-time' choice as it allows you to get more accustomed to wearing a knee brace so you're ready to transition to a more rigid support when necessary. The support is designed for the following indications:
- Early-to-mid unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the knee
- Early-to-mid unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the patella
How Does the Support Work?
Stay active with the Donjoy OA Reaction Web Right Medial/Left Lateral Knee Brace!
The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Brace uses patented silicone 'web' technology that extends and retracts as your leg moves. This helps absorb and release kinetic energy to reduce shock, anterior knee pain and stress on the knee.
Designed with a single malleable aluminium upright built with 6° of valgus correction, the Right Medial/Left Lateral Support enables you to adjust how and where the support offloads pressure. This helps more effectively reduce discomfort in the affected knee compartments. The shape of the anterior cut-out also helps re-align the patella in the femoral grove, which enhances patella stability and comfort.
Lateral Vs Medial Support: Which Option Should I Choose?
While the medial refers to the parts of your body that are closest to its centre, the lateral refers to the areas that are closest to its sides. The model you choose will depend on the compartment in which your osteoarthritis is located. Please refer to the list below to find out which version you require:
Fitting the OA Reaction Web
The Right Medial/Right Lateral Knee Brace is easily fitted to your knee. Take a look at how to do so by watching the short guide below! The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Left Medial/Right Lateral Knee Brace is also available for the opposite knee compartments.
Sizing of the OA Reaction Web Support
The Right Medial/Left Lateral Knee Support is available in seven sizes. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm above the kneecap and consult the table below.
|Size ||Thigh Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small ||33 - 39cm |
|Small ||39 - 47cm |
|Medium ||47 - 53cm |
|Large ||53 - 60cm |
|Extra Large ||60 - 67cm |
|XX-Large ||67 - 75cm |
|XXX-Large ||75 - 82.5cm |
Is This Support Suitable for Watersports?
This support can assist with the impacts and pain associated with water sports, but if it is used in salt water, it should be rinsed with clean water after each use. It should then be dried, as some components of the brace may wear over time if left waterlogged.