Rehband Hyper-X Elbow Support
Hyper-extension occurs when the elbow is bent backwards beyond its normal range, which can stretch, tear or damage the ligaments. This is often very painful, causing swelling and a loss of strength in the arm. Hyper-extension is usually caused by playing sports, so taking steps to protect your elbow is important for athletes.
The Rehband Hyper-X Elbow Support is an elbow brace which provides excellent joint stabilisation. Featuring cross-over straps on the backside, it alleviates pain caused by hyper-extension, whilst also preventing hyper-extension from occurring in the first place.
Indications of the Rehband Hyper-X Elbow Support
The Rehband Hyper-X Elbow Support is suitable for the following conditions:
- Severe instability
- Elbow pain
Features of the Rehband Hyper-X Elbow Support
- Reliable elbow brace
- Provides excellent joint stabilisation
- Neoprene construction retains heat
- Cross over straps on the backside - prevent hyper-extension
- Covered adjustable aluminium hinges - for optimal support
- Adjustable for perfect fit
- Available in 5 sizes
- SBR/neoprene 5mm/3mm
- Polyamide jersey
- Aluminum splints
- Adapt the splints individually.
- Open all Velcro fastenings and pull the brace up to the elbow by holding over the splints.
- Fasten the upper straps and then the lower strap.
- Keep the elbow lightly flexed. Fasten the cross-wised place Velcro straps one at a time.
Adjusting the Hyper-X Elbow Support
- It is preferred that the splints are shaped by a medically trained person
- It is easiest to adjust the splint by bending it further at the pre-made bend
- Bend the brace splint sideways only
- Find out in which direction you must bend the splint so that it best fits your arm - you feel this easiest while testing the brace
There are then different approaches to bending the splint (avoid direct bending force against the splint joint):
- Fasten the splint in a vice or similar device or tool. When fastened, bend the splint with a tool or by manual force.
- Bend the splint with your hand or with a suitable tool.
- Close all Velcro
- Remove detachable splints
- Mesh laundry bag is recommended
- Stretch product while wet and let dry
Keep the elbow slightly bent (about 30°) and measure the circumference (cm) around the elbow joint:
|Size ||Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||24 - 26cm |
|Medium ||26 - 28cm |
|Large ||28 - 30cm |
|Extra Large ||30 - 32cm |
|XX-Large ||32 - 34cm |
This item contains neoprene. The time of use should not exceed 3 - 4 hours. If you are allergic to heat, it is not advised that you use this product.