Sissel Cold Therapy Compression Pack Wrap
Suffering a sports injury can be very distressing. A big concern for an injured athlete is how long their recovery time will be, and if they'll soon be able to get back on the horse. Treating the injury efficiently and quickly can be the difference between a fast recovery and a slow one.
With the Sissel Cold Therapy Compression Pack you can ensure you're always ready to deliver cold compression to treat particular injuries. The pack contains a gel which remains cold for hours, acting as a splint to alleviate pain, inflammation and swelling. With this pack, you can provide fast, easy treatment to joint injuries.
Who Can Make Gains with the Compression Pack Wrap?
If you suffer a sports injury, the R.I.C.E. principle is often one to follow - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Depending on the nature of the injury, following this guideline can help to reduce pain and swelling.
Resting and elevating the affected area is easy, but you may not always be prepared to apply ice and compression. If someone suffers an jury when playing sports, responding quickly is key. You don't want to be running around searching for ice and towels each time someone hurts themselves.
Carrying the Cold Compression Pack will allow you to fulfill the whole R.I.C.E. principle if and when its needed. Whether you are using the Compression Pack on yourself, or are a parent, coach, teacher or first aider at a sports match, make sure you are safe and prepared.
How to Use the Cold Compression Pack
- Put on compress, close Velcro closure
- Open valve (ON)
- Adjust if required
- Press release valve
- Close valve (OFF)
- Remove tube if desired
The Compression Pack can be chilled in the refrigerator or freezer. The Slow-Flow gel contained within the pack safely retains the cold temperature for long periods, making this item ideal for long treatment periods and for carrying on you for post sport treatment.
The packs are shaped like bandages and inflate to provide cold compression to the wrist, ankle, knee or elbow. Ideal for the treatment of ligament injuries, swelling, sprains and sudden chronic pain, the gel moulds to the shape of the joint.
The pack comes complete with a pump for pressure regulation, enabling you to control the compression delivered to the affected area.
Features of the Cold Therapy Compression Pack
- Cold compression ideal for instant treatment of sports injuries and rheumatic pain
- Effectively alleviates pain, inflammation and swelling
- Lightweight and portable
- Slow-Flow gel remains cold for hours, safe temperature preservation
- Suitable for all large joints
- Gel moulds to shape of joint
- Adjustable Velcro fastener holds the pad in place
- Heel and patella/elbow holes to ensure correct positioning
- Ankle pack - extra padding to protect Achilles tendon
- Acts as a splint
- 2 part construction
- Outer pressure sleeve with removable pump for pressure regulation
- Removable inner cold pad - easy to clean, hygienic
- Can be applied on top of clothing
- Available for 3 targeted areas
- Black cover: 100% velour
- Internal blue lining: 65% polyester, 35% cotton
- Internal contents: aquadest, cellulose
- Clean with a moist towel and dry
- Disinfection: spray disinfectant, let soak, wipe if necessary
- Temperature: store compress in your freezer or refrigerator at max -18°C
When keeping product in the freezer, the lower the temperature the longer the effectiveness of the cold pack. However, temperatures too low may cause frost damage to the skin. If applicable protect your skin with a towel.
Do not inflate compress too strongly. Ensure proper positioning - do not wear too loosely.