Thuasne LombaStab Spinal Back Brace
The unique quick-pulley design of the Thuasne LombaStab Spinal Back Brace offers a higher degree of compression, easier adjustment and a more evenly distributed level of pressure around the spine than most back braces. The brace is comfortable for everyday use thanks to the reduction of pressure on the abdomen, and the brace is angled to allow for a full range of motion during wear.
Who Can Make Gains with the Thuasne Back Brace?
When nursing a back injury back to health, it is imperative that your back is supported, to both prevent further injury and allow the natural healing process to take place. This back brace is the perfect tool for doing just that, as it provides flexible, lightweight and comfortable support so you can get back to training, or everyday life, sooner.
Who Can Use the LombaStab Spinal Back Brace?
The back brace is suitable for conditions such as the following:
- Common low back pain
- Recurrent low back Pain
- Moderate to intense pain
Key Features of the LombaStab Spinal Back Brace
The LombaStab Brace has several indispensable features:
- Strong Support: Spring-loaded steel stays support the back and limit potentially dangerous movements
- Improved Compression: Advanced pulley-like system provides stronger compression than most supports and evenly distributes pressure
- Comfortable: Reduction in pressure on abdomen suits the brace for daily use
- Adjustable: Ergonomic handles to adjust the brace quickly and precisely at any time
- Easy to Wash: Suitable for machine washing at 30°C
- Easy to Fit: Symmetrical hand loops ensure the belt is centred on the spine and a helpful logo ensure that fitting the brace is an easy and stress-free process
- Proprioception: The belt encourages healthy movements and a good posture to get you back to full health
Sizing of the Thuasne Back Brace
The back brace is available in two heights depending on your own height and the length of your spine. Both small and large braces are available with five possible waist circumferences, as indicated in the table below. To select your size, please see the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|T1||60 - 80cm|
|T2||75 - 95cm|
|T3||90 - 110cm|
|T4||105 - 135cm|
|T5||120 - 141cm|
The Thuasne Back Brace is also available in two heights: Small and Large. The Small brace has a height of 21cm and the Large has a height of 26cm.
Why Use a Back Belt?
Back belts are designed to reduce the load on the spine and to encourage a healthy and straight posture. Lumbar injuries can be caused by a range of things, including sports, day to day living or a sudden blow to the spine. These injuries result in symptoms such as loss of mobility and back pain.
How Does the Thuasne Spinal Back Brace Help the Lumbar Joint?
The Thuasne belt works by increasing your intra-abdominal pressure, which helps to correctly align and support your intervertebral discs. These discs are essential for range of motion, stability, and shock absorption for the spine. The lumbar belt offers light immobilisation of the lumbar area, preventing extreme movements which might cause further damage to your spine.
How Do I Fit the Lumbar Back Brace?
Ask your healthcare professional to shape the stays to fit the curvature of your back and ensure you get the right support for your body. The brace features finger loops for easy fitting and a logo to indicate which is the right size up. To fit:
- Use the braces sliding handle system at either end of the brace
- Place the brace around your lower back
- Make sure the cables are properly retracted
- Fold the two parts of the belt over one another without applying force
- Once fitted, adjust the height and centre around the spine
- Use the two handles to adjust the level of compression
How Comfortable Is the Back Brace?
The lightweight fabric and seamless design of the back brace ensures the maximum level of comfort. The belt can be easily adjusted to establish the right level of compression for your requirements, and the material at the hips and ribs have been designed with angles to result in optimum comfort. The lumbar belt helps to keep the lumbar joint warm, which improves circulation and recovery as well as easing discomfort.
What Are the Advantages of the Quick Lacing System?
The quick lacing system of the brace supplies stronger compression than most supports, and ensures that pressure around the spine is evenly distributed. The lacing also allows for quick and easy tightening while on the go by pulling the ergonomic handles.
Who Are Thuasne?
Thuasne is a French company at the forefront of orthopaedic health. They are dedicated to providing comfortable, ergonomic products with effective medical performance. Their slogan; "wings for your health," reflects their commitment to supporting patients who are seeking their own treatment.