Aircast A2 Wrist Brace
Ideal for wrist injury rehabilitation, the Aircast A2 Wrist Brace provides comfort, stability and support, featuring dual stabilisers to control wrist movement. The Aircast A2 provides everyday protection without impeding your life.
Please note: The brace features an ambidextrous design that is suitable for the left or right hand.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
The A2 Wrist Brace is available in three different sizes. Please measure your wrist circumference at the wrist joint and select the appropriate size based on the sizing chart below.
|Size ||Wrist Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||12.7 - 16.5cm |
|Medium ||15.9 - 19.7cm |
|Large ||19 - 22.9cm |
Who Can Make Gains with the Aircast A2 Brace?
Helping you get back to the sports you love, the Aircast A2 is suitable for rehabilitating a wide range of wrist injuries, including the following:
- Arthritis of the thumb
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic ligament instability
- Gamekeeper's thumb
- Muscle strain
- Post-operative conditions
- Post-removal of casting
- Skier's thumb
- Sprained wrist
- Thumb basal joint irritation
- Thumb saddle joint irritation
- Thumb injuries
- Weakened or torn TFCC ligaments
- Weakness of the thumb joint
- Wrist and thumb joint distortion
- Wrist instability
- Wrist ligament instability
- Wrist strain
Key Features and Benefits
- Dual removable stabilisers to control wrist movement
- Open design allows you to retain full finger dexterity
- Contoured shape for improved comfort during use
- Malleable volar stay provides a customisable fit
- Nylon foam construction for durability and comfort
- Dry, breathable material to keep patients comfortable
- Contact closure straps for easy application
How Do I Put On the Aircast Support?
To apply this wrist brace, simply follow the instructions below.
- Unfasten the straps. The middle and arm strap should remain threaded through the black rings on the brace.
- Align the brace with the green fabric towards the thumb and thin strap (hand strap) towards the fingers.
- Insert the hand into the brace, and pull it up the wrist until the end of the brace is just past the knuckles (the fingers should bend freely at the knuckles).
- Secure the brace straps in this order: middle strap, hand strap, arm strap.
- Tighten all the straps until the fit is snug and comfortable. The straps may be trimmed with scissors if needed.
Is This Wrist Brace Dextrous?
Whilst this brace holds the wrist in a stable and neutral position to facilitate healing, it also allows full finger dexterity, ensuring you can go about your daily activities. The stabilisers that help to control movement in the wrist can be removed, which is particularly useful if you've recovered from your injury but want continued support.
Is the Aircast A2 Supportive?
This wrist support comes with removable dual stabilisers, one dorsal and one volar, to effectively stabilise and support a variety of wrist injuries. A stay runs up the inside of the wrist to the palm of your hand, and another runs up the back of the arm and wrist. This keeps your wrist stabilised and supported, situated between two rigid stays.
Is the A2 Wrist Brace Comfortable?
The contoured design of the A2 Wrist Brace provides you with an outstanding fit and optimal comfort, even when worn all day long. The volar stay used in the support is malleable, allowing you to adjust it according to your needs.
How Do I Clean My Aircast A2 Wrist Brace?
This product should be hand washed in cold water with mild soap, and air-dried. Ensure to remove the dual stabilisers before cleaning (the stabiliser opening is on the inside of the brace).
Looking for Thumb Support?
The Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica is also available for purchase. This support provides targeted relief for thumb lesions and other injuries.