Aircast AirSelect Short Walker Boot
Walking with a foot injury can be painful and in some cases, it can even cause further damage and injury. The Aircast AirSelect Short Walker Boot is an excellent and painless way of helping you get back on your feet when you're ready. This particular walker is one of the most advanced pneumatic walking boots available that puts your comfort and healing in your own hands.
Designed with an integrated inflation system, the Aircast AirSelect Walker Boot allows you to inflate each aircell individually. This helps you tailor the support according to your needs while also maximising your comfort level and reducing oedema.
Who Can Make Gains with the AirSelect Short Walker Boot?
Foot and ankle injuries tend to slow you down, putting a dent in your performance and stamina. As a result, it's integral that you stabilise and support the area to ensure you minimise performance deficits. The AirSelect Short Walker Boot is designed to immobilise your foot and ankle, allowing for early ambulation without fear of discomfort in the area.
Key Features and Benefits
- Offers an solution for injuries related to the forefoot, midfoot and hindfoot
- Features a durable, semi-rigid shell to support and protect the limb
- Shell can be trimmed and moulded under high temperatures
- Designed with a pre-inflated front panel for additional support
- Made with two adjustable distal aircells in the shell for added compression
- Uses SoftStrike technology to absorb and dissipate shock
- Lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole encourages a natural gait
- Helps ensure you're able to continue with everyday activities
- Non-marking, skid-resistant rubber tread for extra traction
- Low-profile rocker sole reduces hyperextension of the knee
- Three-strap system evenly disperses pressure
- Integrated inflation system is intuitive and can be customised quickly
Indications for the Aircast Walker Boot
The AirSelect Short Walker Boot is suitable for the following indications:
- Hallux valgus
- Metatarsal fracture
- Severe ankle sprain
- Soft tissue injury
- Stress and stable fracture of the foot
How Do I Find the Right Size?
The AirSelect Short Boot is available in five sizes, allowing you to get a more tailored fit. To find out which size you require, please refer to the table below. The sizes of this support are determined by shoe size.
|Size ||Men's UK Shoe Size ||Women's UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Up to size 3 ||Up to size 3 |
|Small ||Sizes 3 to 6 ||Sizes 3 to 6 |
|Medium ||Sizes 6 to 9 ||Sizes 6 to 9 |
|Large ||Sizes 9 to 12 ||Sizes 9 to 13 |
|Extra Large ||Size 12 and above ||Size 13 and above |
What Are the Dimensions of This Boot?
The dimensions of the Aircast AirSelect Short Walker Boot depend on the specific size of the boot. Please consult the table below for more information.
|Size ||Height of Brace ||Mid-Footbed Width ||Toe Footbed Width |
|Extra Small ||9.1" (23.1cm) ||3.4" (8.6cm) ||3.8" (9.7cm) |
|Small ||9.5" (24.1cm) ||3.6" (9.1cm) ||4.2" (10.7cm) |
|Medium ||10.3" (26.2cm) ||4.1" (10.4cm) ||4.6" (11.7cm) |
|Large ||11.2" (28.5cm) ||4.5" (11.4cm) ||5.0" (12.7cm) |
|Extra Large ||12.1" (30.7cm) ||5.0" (12.7cm) ||5.5" (14cm) |
Innovative SoftStrike Technology
The Aircast AirSelect Boot uses SoftStrike technology, which is a patented grid design that puts a matrix of shock-absorbing material in direct contact with the heel. This helps absorb and dissipate shock, which reduces discomfort in the area while also reducing heel loading and preventing impact-related stress.
Coupled with the use of a lightweight, low-profile rocker sole, the SoftStrike technology used in this walker boot encourages the use of a natural gait. This can significantly improve your ability to continue performing everyday activities without fear of discomfort or re-injury.
Ultra Light Design
The Aircast AirSelect Walker Boot has been designed with a semi-rigid shell. Although these can be fairly heavy, this particularly support has been crafted with structurally-engineered vents that maximise airflow and minimise mass without compromising support. This helps ensure you remain comfortable even when you use the walker boot for long periods of time.
Fitting the AirSelect Short Walker
Fitting the AirSelect Short Walker Boot is easy. See the video below for a short guide.
- Shell: Polypropylene
- Front panel: High density polyethylene
- Straps: Nylon
- Inflation pumps: Thermoplastic polyurethane
- Outer liner: Nylon
- Foam liner: Polyurethane
- Inner mesh: Polyester
- Binding: Polyester
- Outer sole/insole: EVA/rubber