Aircast AirSelect Standard Walker Boot
If you've suffered from an injury to the foot, the simple act of walking tends to be painful and there is often a risk of re-injury. The Aircast AirSelect Standard Walker Boot helps reduce discomfort in the area and provides you with a tough shell to prevent further injuries. This provides your foot with the time and protection it needs to heal quickly and correctly.
Like the Aircast AirSelect Short Walker Boot, the AirSelect Standard Walker Boot version uses an integrated inflation system that allows you to inflate each individual cell separately. This helps place healing in your own hands so you can tailor the support according to your needs.
Who Can Make Gains with the AirSelect Standard Walker Boot?
Whether you're a professional athlete or you simply enjoy playing sports in your spare time, having to stop exercising as a result of an ankle injury tends to impact your performance and stamina when you return to sporting activities, as well as your mental health and well-being while you recover. The Aircast AirSelect Walker Boot allows you to get back on your feet early following an injury. This helps strengthen your ankle to speed up your recovery, allowing you to get back to your active lifestyle as soon as possible.
Key Features and Benefits
- Offers a moderate level of support to injured feet, ankles or lower legs
- High in quality, efficacy and comfort for your peace of mind
- Made with a durable, semi-rigid shell to support the limb
- Shell can be trimmed and moulded under high temperatures
- Two adjustable distal aircells for compression and malleoli support
- Designed with an integrated inflation system that's easy to use
- SoftStrike technology helps absorb and dissipate shock
- Lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole encourages a natural gait
- Three-strap system disperses pressure evenly
- Ensures you're able to continue with your daily activities
- Non-marking, skid-resistant rubber tread for extra traction
Indications of the Aircast AirSelect
The Aircast AirSelect can be used for a number of different conditions. This includes the following:
- Post-operative immobilisation
- Severe ankle sprain
- Stable fracture of the foot, ankle or lower leg
Sizing of the AirSelect Standard Walker
The AirSelect Standard Walker Boot is available in five sizes, all of which are determined by UK shoe size. To find out which size you require, please refer to the table below.
|Size ||Men's UK Shoe Size ||Women's UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Up to Size 3 ||Up to Size 3 |
|Small ||Up to Size 6 ||Sizes 3 - 6 |
|Medium ||Sizes 6 - 9.5 ||Sizes 6 - 9 |
|Large ||Sizes 9.5 - 13.5 ||Sizes 9 - 12 |
|Extra Large ||Size 13.5+ ||Size 12+ |
Innovative SoftStrike Technology
Designed with SoftStrike technology, the Aircast AirSelect Boot features a patented grid design that puts a matrix of shock-absorbing material in direct contact with the heel. This helps cushion the area to reduce heel loading and prevent impact-related stress in the area.
When this technology is coupled with a lightweight, low-profile rocker sole, the boot encourages a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulation. This helps prevent excessive knee hyperextension to reduce the likelihood that you suffer from re-injury.
Ultra Light Design
The Aircast AirSelect Walker Boot is constructed with a semi-rigid shell to provide ample protection to the area. The support is also crafted with structurally-engineered vents to maximise airflow and minimise mass without compromising support. This helps ensure you remain comfortable even over long periods.
Every step you take with the AirSelect Walker Boot provides pulsating compression. This is because multiple aircells are layered within the semi-rigid shell for a massaging effect, which helps to reduce oedema.
How Do You Fit the AirSelect Standard Walker?
Fitting the AirSelect Standard Walker Boot is easy. To find out how to do so, watch the video below for a short guide.
- Shell: Polypropylene
- Front panel: High density polyethylene
- Straps: Nylon
- Inflation pumps: Thermoplastic polyurethane
- Outer liner: Nylon
- Foam liner: Polyurethane
- Inner mesh: Polyester
- Binding: Polyester
- Outer sole/insole: EVA/Rubber
- Selector dial: Nylon