BioSkin Patella Stabiliser Support
To have a knee out of action either because of injury or surgery can be one of the worst blows to your freedom of motion. Knee pain, like any joint pain, is able to flare up with the simplest of movements, even the bending and repositioning needed to sit might aggravate the issue.
The BioSkin Patella Stabiliser Support gives healthy support to the knee cap, while providing protection and comfort in the unique shape of its 'donut' buttresses. Designed to reduce patellofemoral pain, the stabiliser helps keep the patella (knee cap) in the best position for healthy recovery.
Who Can Make Gains with the Patella Stabiliser Support?
The Patella Stabiliser Support is an excellent choice for treating anterior knee pain, as it provides strong compression that controls swelling and decreases pain in the knee. It is especially suitable for use with the following conditions:
- Anterior knee pain
- Chondromalacia patella inflammation
- Meniscal cartilage tears/repairs
- Mild sprains and instabilities
- Patella maltracking
A Choice of Two Materials
The Visco Patella Support comes in a choice of two materials. Both offer BioSkin's high levels of comfort and support for unbeatable performance, so how you choose your perfect support is up to you.
The original BioSkin material, Ultima, provides dynamic 18 - 20mmHg compression across their range of performance skins, is ultra thin and ultra lightweight. The BioSkin Ultima 2s material features super soft micro-fleece lining, is thin and lightweight.
Features of the BioSkin Patella Stabiliser
- Designed to aid with anterior knee pain
- Features a foam ring around the knee that stabilises the patella
- Unique strapping system minimises migration
- Donut buttresses for effective patella stabilisation
- Constant compression for pain relief and speedy recovery
- Universal design that fits either the left or right knee
- Open patella 4-strap system for greater compression
- Neoprene-free and latex-free for reduced skin irritation
- Available in six sizes, from Extra Small to XX-Large
Sizing the BioSkin Patella Stabiliser
BioSkin is designed to give a compressed fit that allows for full support, so for some wearers this may feel strange or uncomfortable at first. If you find yourself between sizes, it is recommended that you select the larger size unless you desire a tighter fit.
| ||Knee Circumference Fully Extended (cm) |
|Size ||Mid-Patella |
|Extra Small ||31 - 33cm |
|Small ||33 - 36cm |
|Medium ||36 - 41cm |
|Large ||41 - 43cm |
|Extra Large ||43 - 46cm |
|XX-Large ||46 - 54cm |
To find out more about the BioSkin Patella Stabiliser Support watch the video below.