The DuraSoft Shoulder Ice Pack Wrap comes with two ice inserts which can provide continuous cold therapy to the shoulder area. This shoulder ice pack wrap is suitable for both acute and chronic shoulder injuries and is also suitable for post operative use, for rehabilitation purposes. DuraSoft is a unique blend of segmented, body-conforming pillows of water combined with a non-toxic soft gel, enclosed in polypropylene bags. This model holds the inserts in place tightly and securely over the shoulder, to provide additional support and compression.
The Ice Pack Wrap provides effective cryotherapy which can reduce pain and swelling, and can also facilitate faster rehabilitation. All Dura Soft Ice Pack Wraps can effectively penetrate surgical dressings to decrease pain, swelling and secondary hypoxic tissue injury.
Who Can Make Gains with the Shoulder Ice Pack Wrap?
The DuraSoft Ice Pack Wrap is perfect for dealing with an injury or just for general aches and pains after a workout. Simply freeze the ice pack inserts, insert them into the ice pack wrap, and wrap around the shoulder securing with the elasticated straps. The ice inserts are constructed from gel cells that freeze. As the gel cells are separated within the ice pack itself, rather than the ice pack being a solid slab of ice when frozen, you are able to bend and shape the ice inserts around the shoulder as required to provide good contact for effective cold therapy. The inserts can also be heated to apply heat therapy, in order to soothe the muscles and relieve pain.
Features and Benefits of the DuraSoft Ice Pack Wrap
- Can be used hot or cold for cold or heat therapy
- Innovative gels can be moulded to the contours of your body when frozen
- One universal, adjustable size and fits either the left or right shoulder
- Comes complete with two ice inserts so you can be on the road to recovery straight away
Instructions for Using the DuraSoft Shoulder Ice Pack Wrap
- Place gel inserts in the re-sealable bag and place in the freezer until the gel inserts are frozen solid.
- Remove the gel inserts form the re-seal-able bag when frozen and place the inserts into the wrap.
- Apply wrap to area of treatment by attaching hook or Velcro fastener to outer wrap fabric. The straps should be applied with enough stretch to keep wrap in place and provide desired compression.
- The wrap can be hand washed and air dried, gel inserts can be cleaned with water, a moist towel or sponge.
- The gel inserts can also be used to provide heat therapy. Place the gel inserts in a deep pan and run hot tap water into the pan until inserts are covered. Keep the inserts immersed for 3 - 5 minutes, do not use tap water that is too hot to the touch, dry the gel inserts and apply as above.