Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights
If you want to add more intensity to your strength or resistance training, the Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights are perfect for you. Fitted weights are a great way to increase resistance to your cardio workout and push your limits. By attaching the weights around your wrists or ankles, they can help you to build muscle tone and cardiovascular endurance, increasing your overall level of fitness.
- 1 x Pair of Wrist/Ankle Weights
Who Can Make Gains with the Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights?
Wrist/ankle weights are great way of making exercises more challenging without requiring hand use. Among other effects, utilising these weights can:
- Improve endurance: The extra force you're exerting can help to increase your stamina, ultimately improving your cardiovascular health.
- Strengthen muscles: Wearing weights on your ankles whilst working out improves the overall strength of your hamstrings, glutes and calves.
- Burn more calories: Applying more force results in more energy expenditure, in turn burning more calories.
Key Features and Benefits
- Snug, friction-free fit for comfort
- Even weight distribution for optimal workout
- Available in two different weights for intensity variety
- Velcro adjustments for universal fit
Why Use Wrist and Ankle Weights?
Wrist and ankle weights are used to increase workload in the areas of strength, endurance, toning and stretching. They can help you achieve your goals more quickly, but should be used with care in order to not overload the body. Perfectly balanced, the Fitness-Mad Wrist/Ankle Weights are the ideal starting point to begin your work with wrist and ankle weights.
Are the Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights Comfortable?
The Fitness-Mad Wrist/Ankle Weights utilise a unique double fastening system to ensure a snug, friction-free fit. The weight is evenly distributed across the band for maximum comfort.
Are the Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights Adjustable?
These band weights are designed to fit a range of users. They feature a simple and easy adjustable Velcro closure so that you can adjust the size to fit around both your wrists and ankles. The attached metal D-ring ensures that the Velcro stays securely in place during exercise.
Which Weight Should I Use?
The Fitness-Mad Wrist and Ankle Weights are available in 2 different weight options - 0.5kg and 1kg. If you are just starting out using ankle/wrist weights, we recommend you start with the 0.5kg pair. Increase to 1kg when you feel more familiar with the weights and have begun to increase your muscular strength. Please choose the weight you require from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Wrist and Ankle Weights for Rehabilitation
These weight bands are ideal for use during sports rehabilitation, when advised by a physio or sports therapist. For instance, users undergoing balance rehabilitation (after a stroke) may attach a weight to the ankle of the affected leg to improve their walking. Wrist weights may be beneficial for users with weak grip, such as stroke victims and individuals suffering from Arthritis, as an alternative to holding a dumbbell.
How Do I Clean My Weights?
For minor scuffs and stains, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth. Do not wash or immerse in water.
It's important to be careful when using wrist and ankle weights. For your safety, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not wear for extended periods
- Do not wear if you have had an injury, stress or weak arm, leg, hip joints or muscles
- Stop immediate use if you feel pain or discomfort
- Always check with your doctor before starting a new exercise regime
- Length: 23cm
- Width: 8.1cm
- Material: Neoprene and polyester with iron sand filling