When you've injured your wrist or thumb, immobilisation and support are key factors needed for the area to make a full recovery. The LP Extreme Wrist and Thumb Support is designed to provide both of these, providing maximum support for a weak and injured wrist while stabilising the thumb. It includes a metal stay, which limits the motion of the thumb, providing partial immobilisation while allowing the rest of the fingers to move freely.
This wrist splint is available in one size designed to fit most users. To determine if this size is right for you, refer to the sizing section below.
Features and Benefits
- Provides maximum support for the wrist and thumb
- Immobilises the thumb with a metal stay
- Allows free movement of the other fingers
- Helps to prevent and treat De Quervain's syndrome
- Suitable for supporting a weak or injured wrist
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure ensures proper fit
- Prevents thumb injury during sporting activities
- Made from innovative Coolprene material
- Coolprene is breathable and provides compression
- Helps to relieve pain, swelling and stiffness
Who Can Make Gains with the LP Extreme Wrist and Thumb Support?
This support provides an excellent way to prevent De Quervain's syndrome or heal an injured or weak wrist. With the adjustable hook-and-loop closure, each user can ensure they receive the most comfortable fit during their activity. This will help to maximise the stability provided by the support, and increase the efficacy of the immobilisation.
Innovative Coolprene Material
The best wrist braces are comfortable to wear over long periods of time, and the LP Extreme is no different. It is made from innovative Coolprene material, which provides compression while remaining fully breathable on your skin. This material helps to relieve pain, swelling and stiffness, and can also help injuries to recover faster.
Indications of the LP Extreme Wrist and Thumb Support
- Weak wrists
- Acute wrist injury
- Thumb injury
- Repetitive strain injury
- Arthritis of the wrist
- Arthritis of the thumb
- De Quervain's syndrome
Sizing of the Wrist Splint
The LP Extreme Wrist and Thumb Brace is available in one size designed to suit most people. To determine if this size is suitable for you, measure the circumference of your wrist. To fit this wrist support, your wrist circumference must fall between 12.7cm (5") and 22.9cm (9").
Washing and Care Instructions
- Hand wash with mild soap in cold water
- Rinse thoroughly
- Air dry at room temperature
- Do not machine wash or dry