Jumping, running, or pushing off, all your most important sporting moves come down to your ankles. You've probably discovered through a nasty trip, unlucky fall, or maybe a particularly unforgiving pair of shoes, that it doesn't take much to cause an injury, and to be out of action for weeks on end. Keeping your injured ankle in the best position for recovery is no easy task, even walking can place a painful amount of pressure on the joint, aggravating the issue. The PSB Ankle Brace is key to staying active, ensuring ankles remain in a healthy position for speedy recovery without compromising your freedom of motion.
For athletes suffering from light sprains or preventing recurring injuries, or for those who take part in sports where shoes are not worn, the PSB Ankle Brace 8 is recommended.
Who Can Make Gains with the PSB Ankle Brace?
Featuring an intelligent band construction that gives precise support to the joint following ligament injury and corrects instability, this low-profile brace has been designed to be used during sport and easily fits into more sports shoes. No inhibiting movement while delivering this high level of support makes the PSB Ankle Brace a perfect choice for the exercises of rehabilitation:
- What Toes Up: If you can stand on your toes, you can do this simple exercise. Standing on the first step up of your staircase with your heels hanging off the edges, rise up of tip toes and then lower yourself again. Use the wall or banister to stay balanced. Repeat 10 - 15 times.
- Waddle Workout: Walk 4 metres straight, once with your toes pointed outwards and your heels towards each other, again with your toes facing each other and your heels pointed outwards, and once more with feet in a standard position.
The slim-fit design of this brace makes it the perfect choice for a wide range of sports:
Features of the PSB Ankle Brace
- Low profile design
- Supports without compromising movement
- Can be worn with shin pads
- Can fit into most sports shoes
- Treats and prevents injury
- Machine washable to 40 degrees
- Easy self-application
Sizing the PSB Ankle Brace
|Size ||Heel Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||27 - 30cm |
|Medium ||30 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 36cm |
|X-Large ||36 - 40cm |
Measurements for this brace should be taken where the measuring tape sits on the 'edge' of the heel (where the heel usually meets with the back of the shoe) and wraps around the front of the ankle, this will give a diagonal loop from heel, across the highest point of the top of the foot and back.
Applying the PSB Ankle Brace
This easy to apply brace takes only a few simple steps:
- Pull on the ankle brace like a sock, ensuring the rigid part does not go below the ankle knuckle
- Loop through the two fastening straps and secure
- Pull up the "powernet" and tighten to desired pressure