Thuasne Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace
If you've previously sustained an injury to one of your knees, you're more likely to develop osteoarthritis, particularly if you play intense sporting activities (e.g. football) that put pressure on your joints. The Thuasne Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace has been designed to offload pressure caused by heel strike while also compressing the area for improved stability.
Who Can Make Gains with the Action Reliever?
Sporting activities can increase your likelihood of developing osteoarthritis, particularly if you train for long periods of time. Activities that can exacerbate the condition include vigorous cycling, jogging, running or mountain climbing. As the Action Reliever Brace helps stabilise and support your knee, it can slow the progression of the disease and can even be used while you train.
Key Features and Benefits
- Semi-soft OA knee brace
- Invisible under most clothes
- Dynamic off-loading straps
- Combined rigid adjustable hinge
- Anatomically-shaped straps
- Straps create dynamic three-point pressure system
- Maximum off-loading on heel strike
- Anatomical knit with integrated anti-slip silicone
- Comfort zone at popliteal crease
- Stretch knit at the edges
- Easy to close due to magnetic buckles with finger loop
- Two steps for fitting after initial fit
- Available in six different sizes
How Can the Action Reliever Help Me?
The Knee Brace can help with the following conditions:
- Uni-compartmental osteoarthritis (lateral or medial)
- Lateral or medial knee conditions requiring load reduction
How Do You Put the Knee Brace on?
After the initial fitting, the process for putting on your brace is made up of just two steps:
- Slide the support up your leg.
- Snap the buckles into place.
Unique Off-Loading System
Designed with smart straps the Action Reliever has a unique off-loading action that helps prevent heel strike, which is common while running or sprinting. The straps effectively create a dynamic three-point pressure system to reduce the pain on exertion.
Can I Wear the Knee Brace Over Tights or a Liner?
Yes, it's fine to wear the knee brace over tights or a thin liner. This may even help to make the brace more comfortable if you don't like wearing it directly against your skin.
Sizing of the Osteoarthritis Knee Support
The Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Brace is available in six different sizes and for either the medial (inside of the knee) or lateral (outside of the knee) area. The support is also available for the left or right knee. To find out which size will provide you with the most support, measure the circumference of your knee and consult the table below.
|Size ||Knee Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small ||32 - 34cm |
|Small ||35 - 37cm |
|Medium ||38 - 41cm |
|Large ||42 - 45cm |
|Extra Large ||46 - 49cm |
|XX-Large ||50 - 53cm |
Is It Possible to Purchase Replacement Parts for This Support?
Please note that Thuasne do not manufacture replacement parts for this item. It is therefore not possible to purchase spare or replacement parts for your support.