Thuasne LombaTech Spinal Back Brace
The Thuasne LombaTech Spinal Back Brace is often described as "the belt that lives with you," due to it's impressive adaptability, not only to your body shape and your pain on any given day, but also to your level of activity. An additional, removable strap allows for precise targeting of your pain, and a combination of Combitex and Coolmax fabrics keep you comfortable during prolonged wear.
Who Can Make Gains with the Thuasne Back Brace?
When nursing a back injury back to health, it is imperative that your back is supported, to both prevent further injury and allow the natural healing process to take place. This back brace is the perfect tool for doing just that, as it provides flexible, lightweight and comfortable support so you can get back to training, or everyday life, sooner.
Who Can Use the LombaTech Spinal Back Brace?
The back brace is suitable for lower back conditions. These conditions include:
- Common low back pain
- Recurrent low back pain
- Moderate to intense pain
Key Features of the LombaTech Spinal Back Brace
- Strong Support: Spring-loaded steel stays support the back and limit potentially dangerous movements
- Precise Targeting of Pain: A repositionable adjustable straw offers targeted pain relief
- Adjustable: The patented adjustable back offers optimal support for any body morphology, and by removing the additional strap you adapt it to activity
- Breathability: Coolmax lining for improved breathability
- Easy to Fit: Hands and finger loops for convenient use as well as a helpful logo ensure that fitting the brace is an easy and stress-free process
- Comfortable: Elastic Combitex fabric provides a highly comfortable 'second-skin' effect, suitable for wear during the entire day
- Conformable: The stays of the brace conform to the shape of your spine and the belt can be adjusted to provide the perfect degree of compression
- Easy to Wash: Suitable for machine washing at 30°C
- Proprioception: The belt encourages healthy movements and a good posture to get you back to full health
Sizing of the Thuasne Back Brace
The back brace is available in two heights depending on your own height and the length of your spine. Both small and large braces are available with five possible waist circumferences, as indicated in the table below. To select your size, please see the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Waist Circumference |
|T1 ||60 - 80cm |
|T2 ||75 - 95cm |
|T3 ||90 - 110cm |
|T4 ||105 - 135cm |
|T5 ||120 - 141cm |
The Thuasne Back Brace is also available in two heights: Small and Large. The Small brace has a height of 21cm and the Large has a height of 26cm.
How Does the Thuasne Spinal Back Brace Help the Lumbar Joint?
The Thuasne Brace works by increasing your intra-abdominal pressure, which helps to correctly align and support your intervertebral discs. These discs are essential for range of motion, stability, and shock absorption for the spine. The lumbar belt offers light immobilisation of the lumbar area, preventing extreme movements which might cause further damage to your spine.
How Do I Fit the Back Brace?
Ask your healthcare professional to shape the stays to fit the curvature of your back and ensure you get the right support for your body. The brace features finger loops for easy fitting and a logo to indicate which is the right size up. To fit:
- Place your fingers through the stays on either end of the brace
- Wrap it around your back towards your front
- Connect one side to another via the Velcro strap
How Comfortable Is the Back Brace?
The lightweight fabric and seamless design of the back brace ensures the maximum level of comfort. The belt can be easily adjusted to establish the right level of compression for your requirements, and the material at the hips and ribs have been designed with angles to result in optimum comfort. The lumbar belt helps to keep the lumbar joint warm, which improves circulation and recovery as well as easing discomfort.
Precise Targeting of Pain
The removable additional strap allows for a precise targeting of pain. The patented adjustable back conforms to your body, offering optimal support for any body morphology. You can then wrap the additional strap over the top of the brace, adding further compression and support where you need it most.
What Are the Advantages of the Combitex and Coolmax Materials?
The LombaTech model is constructed from highly elastic Combitex material, suitable for wear throughout the entire day. Not only does this lightweight fabric offer the maximum degree of comfort but it is also virtually invisible beneath clothes. The Coolmax fabric ensures that the brace remains breathable so you won't keep overheating.
Who Are Thuasne?
Thuasne is a French company at the forefront of orthopaedic health. They are dedicated to providing comfortable, ergonomic products with effective medical performance. Their slogan; "wings for your health," reflects their commitment to supporting patients who are seeking their own treatment.