Thuasne Lombax Lumbar Brace
Almost 20% of sporting injuries are related to the lower back or neck. It's important that, at the first sign of low back pain, you perform actions to ensure it doesn't get out of hand. The Thuasne Lombax Lumbar Brace has been designed to support your lower back and can even be worn while you perform sporting activities to help stabilise the area while you train.
Who Can Make Gains with the Lombax Support?
The Lombax Original Lumbar Support is ideal for osteoarthritis patients who are at risk of low back pain. This means it can be extremely useful for active older people. However, lower back pain can affect anyone, particularly those who perform twisting and turning movements. This includes those who train in the following sports:
- American football
Sizing of the Thuasne Lumbar Brace
The Lombax Lumbar Brace is available in three different sizes and can be purchased with a height of either 21cm or 26cm. To find out which size will fit you best, measure the circumference of your waist level with your navel and consult the table below.
|Size ||Waist Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||60 - 85cm |
|Medium ||86 - 112cm |
|Large || |
113 - 140cm
How Does the Brace Work?
The Lombax Lumbar Brace works by increasing intra-abdominal pressure while also discharging weight from the back's muscles. It also restrains lateral movements and numbs pain by warming the affected areas.
How Do You Use the Lumbar Support?
- Place the Lombax Lumbar Brace around the waist. The ticket looking inwards and facing upwards.
- Fasten the buckles, starting from the lower clasp.
- Loosen for comfort when seated.
Indications for the Lombax Brace
The Thuasne Brace can be used for the following conditions:
- Common low back pain
- Moderate activity
- Moderate pain
- Recurrent low back pain
- Situational pain
Key Features and Benefits
- Ideal for occasional use
- Has a two-part closure so is easy to put on
- Helps treat recurrent conditions during daily activities
- Ideal for using when activities put pressure on lower back
- High elastic compression and strength
- Uses Lombax fabric
- Increased comfort and breathability
- Uses 3D weave dorsal plastron
- Can be machine washed at 30°
Please note that in the case of persistent discomfort you should consult your local physician as the stays may need adjusting.