The Bauerfeind SacroLoc Back Support provides targeted support to reduce pain around the sacroiliac joint, between your lower spine and your pelvis. It can be worn under clothing to relieve pressure, provide cushioning, and stimulate circulation to promote healing.
What Is the SacroLoc Back Support?
The Bauerfeind SacroLoc Back Support is a stabilising orthosis that has been designed to relieve pressure on the pelvis and symphysis (cartilaginous joint between the two bones). This helps to relieve pain, while the cushion pads gently massage the sacroiliac joints to stimulate circulation to promote healing.
Who Can Benefit from the SacroLoc Back Support?
Whether you only suffer from occasional lower back pain or you require a support to help treat a specific condition, the Bauerfeind SacroLoc Support may help to reduce your pain and discomfort. The SacroLoc can also provide improved stability for increased mobilisation in everyday life. Suitable conditions for alleviating with the SacroLoc Back Support include, but are not limited to, the following:
- IS Joint Arthrosis
- IS Joint Blockage
- IS Joint Instability
- IS Joint Syndrome
- Myalgia in the pelvic region
- Pain caused by prolonged sitting or standing
- Pelvic Ring Instability
- Prophylaxis of relapsing IS joint blockages and myotendipathia
- Structural disturbances following lumbar spinal fusion
- Symphysis rupture and relaxation
- Tendinopatia in the pelvic region
If you are unsure about whether or not the SacroLoc support is right for you, we recommend you consult your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right support for your specific needs.
How Does the SacroLoc Back Support Work?
Unlike many basic back supports, which can offer minimal pain relief during healing, the Bauerfeind SacroLoc Back Support utilises a range of supportive features to ensure you get the best relief possible. Please see the annotated diagram below for more details.
- Two-Part Friction Pad with Massage Nubs: The friction pad and massage nubs direct tension and pain relief where it is required most.
- Anatomically Contoured Design: The anatomical contouring of the SacroLoc means you'll receive the most comforting and supportive fit possible.
- Knitted Fabric and Adjustable Tension Straps: As the SacroLoc Support Belt combines non-elastic knitted fabric with individually adjusted tension straps, you can enjoy excellent control of movement of your lumbar spine and SI joint.
- Widened Finger Loops: The widened finger loops allow you to fasten and secure the SacroLoc in place as easily as possible. This is particularly useful if you find too much movement to be painful.
- Low-Profile Design: The slim and flat fastening with soft edges ensures that you can comfortably wear the SacroLoc under clothing. This way, you can continue to receive support as you go about your day.
Which Size of the SacroLoc Back Support Do I Need?
The Bauerfeind SacroLoc Back Support is available in seven sizes, based on pelvic circumference (as shown in the diagram). Please consult the table below to see which size is best for you.
Measure the pelvic circumference
|Size ||Pelvic Circumference (cm) |
|Size 1 ||70 - 80cm |
|Size 2 ||80 - 90cm |
|Size 3 ||90 - 100cm |
|Size 4 ||100 - 110cm |
|Size 5 ||110 - 120cm |
|Size 6 ||120 - 130cm |
|Size 7 ||130 - 140cm |
How Easy Is the Bauerfeind SacroLoc Support to Fasten?
The Bauerfeind SacroLoc Support Belt has been designed to be as easy to fasten as possible. The widened finger loops ensure can can manoeuvre and secure the belt in place with minimal exertion.
What Is the SacroLoc Back Support Made From?
The SacroLoc belt is made from a combination of non-elastic and elastic knit, providing a comfortable belt that you can continue to wear throughout the day. The material is also breathable, allowing for the circulation of air and improved comfort.
Can I Wear the SacroLoc Under Clothing?
Yes! With a flat and slim design, and an anatomically contoured shape, the Bauerfeind SacroLoc Back Support can be worn under clothing. This helps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the SacroLoc as you go about your day.